Chapter 4: Last one

-Kate pov-
I have been awake for a few days now. The Bartons visit often, as does Yelena. It has been nice having people here. I have flowers that Jacques Duquesne sent.

Clint told me to give him a chance. I did, and we have hung out from time to time. He is like a neat uncle who collects things. Just his things are swords that he buys.

Clint and Laura are like parents to me now. It has been nice to have them and the Barton kids. They treat me like an older sister. All of the Avengers treat me very well.

Yelena is a part of a team called The Thunderbolts. She says they are really cool. I am joining a team called the Young Avengers. Sam has been trying to make it good for us all.

I look out my window and sigh. I just want to leave the room. No one will let me leave. I hear the door open and then stay open, which is new.

I feel uneasy, and so I look subtly for a reflection. There is nothing there in the doorway. I notice movement up higher and look up. Above me is two guys in Spider-Man suits.

They both land on a side of the bed and motion to stay silent. I do not wanna trust them, but I also do. I give a nod and one webs the door shut. That is going to raise a flag since the door slammed.

"Dumb move" The one who webbed it removes his mask and shows light brown hair "Look we just need to talk to you ok? This is life or death for Peter"

"Peter?" They both nod and now I'm worried "What happened? Is he ok? I have not seen him in a while"

"He is about to get in over his head" The other one removes his mask to show a older man with black hair "I am not going sugarcoat any of this"

"What do you mean?" I look between the two frowning faces "What is going on?"

"Gwen Stacy was my rock" The younge Spider-Man sighs "I loved her but in the end...it was me who killed her"

"I have my own family with MJ" The older Spider-Man smiles sadly "It is a good life, and I love seeing what my little girl does..but Peter is like a brother to me"

"We broke our 'canon' events" Younger Spider-Man sighs "He is about to try and fix his but it is not fixable"

I am so confused right now "Why is it not fixable?" They share a look I know too well "What do you me.....I broke it?"

"Yes you di-"

"IN HERE!" The door bursts open and Clint comes in with Wanda "Who are you two? Are you ok love? I should kill you two where you stand!"

"Peter is in trouble" Wanda's eyes go red "These to Peter's have come to save our Peter"

"From what?" An explosion sounds and we look out the window "Shit"

-Peter pov-
I dodge another bomb as I swing away and save people. I get them to where they will be safe. I will not lose another citizen. I will not let Ned do that.

I see we are reaching a dead end of trees so I flip backwards. I land on his glider and have the surprise on him. I grab him and fling us into the ground. I fly off and skid across the ground.

I groan as I stagger back up. My suit is still destroyed. I am very much bleeding a lot currently. I look across from me to see Ned's mask broken.

I look in my hand to see the button pressed. I look up and see he still looks crazed. All hope that this was like Norman is gone. I sigh as I toss it away and get ready to fight.

"I know you Ned!" I see eyes narrow "I am sorry you had to forget me! I am sorry I could not save your family! I AM SORRY MICHELLE AND YOU GOT ABANDONED BECAUSE OF MY MISTAKES NED!"

"Ignore him!" It goes dark around us as Michelle in her Mysterio gear stands beside Ned "He lies"

"Black Dahlia is what I gave you" I see recognition in Ned's eyes and a battle beginning "Ned you were my right hand man!"

"You removed us for your selfish needs!" Mysterio clones spread around us "I will end this all right now! Then you can be with me! You can be the mam I remember by building you back!"

The Mysterios rush me and I barely escape. I am swinging using my senses to get away. A giant hand stops by smacking me into the ground. The clones drag me back to the duo.

"Now you will be mine!" I am soon let go as the day returns "What is this? What is happening?!"

"I promised my brother to be in his chair" Ned holds a pumpkin bomb in his hand "I am sorry Michelle"

"No!" It goes dark again and the bomb lights up "Sorry Ned"

I shoot a web that goes nowhere. I am stuck watching the bomb explode and Ned flying out of sight. I run just to be tackled down. She takes her helmet off and I see the sanity gone in her eyes.

"You will love me again" She smiles wickedly "I will make us rulers! We will take over everything in this universe!"

Before I can speak everything goes red. Michelle gets off of me and puts the helmet on. She vanishes as Wanda rushes over with Clint. I move past them toward Ned.

"We will get you help" I look over his wounds and then at his face "Stay with us Ned"

"Stay golden ponyboy" He smiles and places his fist up "One last one?"

I nod and we do our handshake one last time. His hand falls soon after and I cry. I have a hand on my shoulder as I stand up with Clint. I know something else is coming.

I am not sure if I will be mentally ready for it.