Chapter 10

Author's note: I'm sorry guys for the delay. I'll try my best and update the story more often. I have the story in my mind, so really I just need to write it down.
Warnings: angst. If you're not a manga reader there will be some spoilers in Megumi's story. I try to avoid spoilers as much as possible.

Sweat appeared on your forehead, your body was wiggling back and forth on the bed. It was more than obvious that you were having a rough nightmare. Seeing a chaotic scene about yourself being tied up in a chair as Yuuji, who called himself Sukuna, stood right in front of you, talking nothing but nonsense.

"Satoru!" you screamed as you woke up and panted heavily.

Gojo stormed into your room just seconds after he heard your desperate voice. "My love, what's wrong?" he rushed to your bed, sitting down carefully next to you.

"I had a horrible nightmare." you tried to collect yourself "It seemed so vivid."

"Tell me about it" he looked at you worriedly "Talking about it will ease the uncomfortable feeling."

So you did. You told him everything you saw in that dream. Sukuna, the chair, the pain, seeing him far away. Gojo froze for a second because he knew you experienced the exact same chaos as he did just not long ago.

"It's going to be okay." he hushed you and hesitated whether to hug you or not.

"Could you stay with me tonight?"

Your voice cracked him, he felt so much guilt it was hard to handle. "Of course!" he faked a smile and climbed on the bed next to you. As he rested his back against the headboard you scooted closer and placed your head on his chest, hugging him tight.

"Everything's going to be alright, darling." he ran his palm up and down on your back, giving you all the comfort he was capable of.

Soon you fell asleep once again in his embrace. The moonlight danced across the room, slightly highlighting Satoru's angelic face and beautiful eyes. He was wide awake, he was worried and he felt desperate for the second time in his life. For now he didn't see the solution but he was certain he was going to find out something to save you from Sukuna.

In the morning you found yourself as the little spoon. Gojo held you from behind, his jaw rested on your shoulder. He tried his best to comfort you during the night and he did an excellent job. For a brief second everything felt perfect but the ugly truth hit you hard right after and you realized this utopian situation wasn't true anymore. Every unpleasant memory rushed your mind and you slowly peeled his hand off of your waist.

As you were sitting at the edge of the bed you massaged your temple. Trying to calm yourself with balance in- and exhaling you felt his palm on your shoulder.

"Love, are you okay?" his sleepy, raspy voice was still the sexiest thing ever.

"Please, don't!" you frowned. "I won't cause any problem, I promise. I'll stay here as long as you say I'm free to go. But after that you and I will never see each other again, Satoru."

"Y/N, let me explain it. At least just hear me out, please. I'm begging you!" he sat up and scooted next to you to the edge.

"Would it change anything? If you tell me why and how did this happen?"

"You will understand my intentions." he clenched his jaw.

"Go on. Tell me then!"

"You have to believe that I never wanted to hurt or lie to you. But I fell in love with you so fast I couldn't control myself. As you danced your way into my life, Y/N. No one ever was able to do that before. And when you told me how you felt about sorcerers it felt like a knife in my heart. I was afraid, okay? And I was way too selfish. I didn't want to lose you." he softly put his hand on your cheek but the second you felt it on your skin you squeezed your eyes closed. "Sorry." he mumbled, pulling back his hand instantly. "Everything was perfect. You looked happy and you seemed like you were in love with me. Was I wrong, Y/N? Did I read the signs incorrectly?"