Chapter 12

I'm really sorry for the long wait. But now I'm back with the newest part of the story. I do hope you're gonna like it.
I plan to add some more chapters before the story comes to an end.

Fear flashed in your eyes the second you realized you were in an abandoned warehouse. Sukuna was walking back-and-forth, seemingly nervous.
Everything looked empty and scary. And you started to doubt that it was a good decision when you agreed to follow him. But you had no other choice. You wanted to save Megumi's life and that was the only option.

"I don't know what you're thinking about but if you're trying to figure out how to escape. I'm telling you now that it's not gonna work." Sukuna frowned while standing in front of you with his hands crossed across his chest.

"Don't worry. I'm true to my words. But I have a question." you bit your inner cheek.
The king of curses didn't react, he kept staring at you suspiciously.
"Look, I'm not stupid" you took a deep breath. "I know you are going to kill me. At least tell me the reason. I think I have the right to know."

"Hmm..." Sukuna smiled and brought a chair for himself. "I want to get back my wife and you will be the perfect vessel. I told you you looked exactly like her. Your appearance, your voice, the way you walk, everything is the same. There's only one difference."

"And what's that?"

"Your eyes. She had that sparkling flame in her eyes when she looked at me."

"Because she was in love with you." you hummed. Sukuna's deadly stare terrified you but you kept talking. "Tell me about her! What kind of person was she?"

The man laid back on the chair and took a deep, desperate breath. He was trying his hardest to keep himself collected. It's been way too long since he allowed himself to remember, to bring the memories back and actually think of the sweet moments he experienced with his wife. But now...so close to the end he wanted to remember.
"She was the sweetest woman who ever existed." he smiled in amusement. You clearly saw that he was still madly in love with Isebu. "She was brave and strong when it was needed. You know, she was one of the strongest sorceresses and warriors. We fought side by side, the three of us. Arvis was like a brother to us. But she was also the most gentle and caring woman. I love her so..." Sukuna realized he let his guard down, so he quickly cleared his throat and changed his attitude. "Actually you should be grateful that she will take your body." he stood up and was about to leave. His face changed, all the marks disappeared from his face. He turned back to you.

"We don't have much time." Yuuji sounded worried. You had no idea what happened, so you stayed silent. "Look, I have a few minutes before he takes control again. You are strong enough to handle the sorceress he wants to merge you with. I heard them talking about the doppelganger effect or something like this. Just keep it low after it happened and wait for the right moment to switch back. I'm sure Sensei will find a way to save both of us and get rid of these curses."

"Won't Sukuna know you switched with him now?" you looked at the boy.

"You don't need to worry about that. After these years I know how to trick him."
As you opened your mouth to say something you saw the marks slowly appearing on his face once again.

"What happened to her?" you acted like nothing happened and tried to keep gaining as much information as possible.

"Fine, I'll tell you. Sorcerers dragged her away from our wedding party. They accused her with fake charges, saying she attacked innocent sorcerers for no reason. I knew it was all a lie. Isebu was always so pure, acting on her sense of justice. She said there was a girl those bastards tried to take advantage of and she saved her. You know what happened? You know what those filthy fucking rats did to my wife? They executed her and I wasn't even there." he raised his voice as he fisted his hands. It was clearer than the sun that he was getting angry by the memories. "I was lying knocked out on the floor while they fucking killed the woman I loved more than anyone." he yelled.