Chapter 11

Warnings: fighting, injuries, blood, angst

Author's note: I used the fight scene from S1E5 on purpose. I loved this scene from the beginning. I used exact sentences as well. I'm not a copy cat, but it fitted this chapter perfectly. Also it's a shorter chapter. And the story is getting closer and closer to its end.

Megumi grabbed your hand and looked seriously into your eyes. "Run!" he growled. As you both were running you heard Sukuna chasing you. His maniac laugh made you shiver. Finally you made it to the yard where Megumi stopped and pushed you behind his back.

"Do not move until I say so!" he commanded. "Emerge from the darkness, blacker than darkness. Purify that which is impure." he murmured.

You had no idea what he was doing, but the whole situation was terrifying. After he said the last word a strange, dark smudge appeared in the sky, spreading faster than anything you've seen before. It was getting dark and you were about to lose your cool.

"What the fuck is going on?" you hissed as you grabbed his shoulder.

"Listen!" Megumi turned around to face you. "We don't have much time until he finds us." he took his phone out of his pocket. "Take this, okay? If I die..."

"WHAT?!" you screamed.

"Fuck, Y/N. You need to listen to me!" he grabbed you by your shoulders. "If I die, you need to run as fast as you can. Understood? You need to get out of the curtain, it ends by the gate. When you cross it, the phone will work and you can call Gojo sensei. He will appear in a blink. Do you understand me?"

"Why don't we call him right now?" your eyes widened.

"It doesn't work within the curtain and I promised him I was gonna protect you at all costs." he took a deep breath. "Now, go and hide behind that building. And don't do anything reckless!" he hugged you tight.

Sukuna walked out with his hands in his pockets, clicking his tongue and chuckling. He was so sure he was going to get you. Megumi stood into his fighting stance and with shaky hands he gulped big.

"I won't let you get her!" he spat on the ground.

"You can't stop me, kid." Sukuna smirked.

"It's not about whether I can...I have to do it!" he took a deep breath as he hooked his thumbs to summon Nue. A black shadow spreaded behind him along with a deafening scream and Nue finally appeared. The huge Shikigami attacked the demon king right away.

And not just Nue but Megumi striked as well. Sukuna danced away with his hands still in his pockets. He played with the young sorcerer and it scared you to death. You were hiding behind that building but peeked as much as possible.

"Interesting. You use Shikigami but you still come at me yourself?" he smirked. Megumi kept attacking, throwing countless punches but he blocked most of them.

"More!" Sukuna laughed. "More! More!" he grabbed Megumi's fist and pulled him closer. "Put more curse behind it when you strike me!" he hissed. As his punch hit Megumi's face his lip ripped in an instant and blood ran down his jaw.

"Orochi." he growled, while putting his thumb against his ring finger. The Great Serpent appeared in the blink of an eye and got Sukuna right away. Lifting him up high in the sky.

"Gang up on him!" he yelled to his Shikigamis. Nue and Orochi worked together as much as they could.

But everything was pointless. Sukuna spotted you as you kept peeking behind the wall. The second he made eye contact with you he stretched his arms and the serpent's head and body simply blew up. He landed behind Megumi with his back facing him. So basically standing back to back to each other. Sukuna grabbed his coat and used a mocking tone. "Hey, what did I just say? Let's use the open space!"