Chapter 2 : Ahru town

Jonathan is walking inside the town, looking around the houses, and watching the children playing with a ball or running around. He read again the mysterious letter, as intrigued as he is, asking himself about why someone wants him to come to this village. But then, there is a girl trying to talk to him. The girl looks like a 10-year-old child with a t-shirt covered of dirt and an old brown trouser with holes, long black hairs.

- "Are you lost mister?" she asks.

- "Well, er.... A bit" Jonathan responds without knowing what to answer. "I'm looking for a guy who... er... asked me to come here."

- "Oh okay" she answers, curious by what Jonathan said. "If you want, I can ask my parents to help you."

- "Do you think your parents know the guy who asked me to come here?" Jonathan asked, a bit confused.

- "I don't know, but we can try", she answers.

- "Okay" Jonathan answers.

Jonathan follows the little girl until they arrive in front of a small house made of rock where behind there is a lot of fruits and vegetables growing like strawberries, tomatoes, cucumbers, blueberries and so on. The little girl knocks at the door, then there is a woman in her mid-30's with blond hairs, white skin and blonde eyes opening the door.

- "Junia, have you finished playing with your friends?" the woman asked the little girl.

- "Not yet mom", she responds. "There is just that man who's looking for someone who asked him to come to our village."

- "Oh, is that so?" she says, looking at Jonathan with a smile. "Then come inside mister. As for you Junia, don't stay too long outside."

- "Sure mom", she responds to her mother, then runs away.

Jonathan enters inside the woman's house. He takes off his shoes. The woman introduce herself as Alys, a housewife. Jonathan tries to shake hands with Alys but she refused and mentions to him a rule made by the town saying that the inhabitant of Ahru town aren't allowed to have any physical contact with someone outside of the village. Jonathan is surprised a little bit by this rule, but then looks around this house. While Alys is cooking dinner, she says that her husband will come back home for dinner, so he can ask him about that mysterious letter. Jonathan looks around the house, while sitting on a wooden chair. There is not much. Jonathan introduces himself to Alys with his usual weak voice, but she doesn't respond to him. Perhaps she's too busy cooking, or she can't hear him correctly because of his weak voice.

Later, a man on his mid 30's who looks like a lot to the little girl arrives at home, looking tired. From what Alys told to Jonathan, it's her husband who works at the bakery of the town since he was 15 years old. Then some minutes later, the girl called Junia arrives at home, covered of dirt but smiling like if she has one of the best days of her life, then goes to the bathroom washing herself before going to dinner. They're eating some wolf meat coming from a friend of Alys who's a forest beast huntress, and carrots from a neighbor who cultivate and sells carrots to other villages. When they're eating, Jonathan asks the man, who's called Gustav, about the mysterious letter. He gives it to him without having physical contact with him, then Gustav read it, then he says that he might have an idea from who have written this letter and adds that he'll ask him when he'll go to work.

After eating, Alys asks Jonathan if he have a place to sleep for tonight, which he shakes his head. Then, Alys asks him to follow her, where they go to a bedroom. Inside, there is a bed at the size of Jonathan, a closet where Jonathan can put his clothes inside, a desk. All of this inside a room for an 8-year-old child to sleep. Alys says that until they find the guy who sent him the letter, he can stay there as long as he wants, then close the door gently on the room.