Chapter 10 : The witness

Then, they decide to separate themselves from each other to research about who is responsible for the wildfire in the village, while saying that they'll meet again at Alys' home place when the moon is up. Edouarda goes to the north of the village, while Jonathan goes on the south of it.

Jonathan goes to streets with a big amount of people walking there, asking them if they know who created the wildfire in Ahru town. But most of the villager gives him a negative answer while having a sad and depressed reaction, like if the wildfire is a taboo subject. When the moon is up on the sky, Jonathan goes back to his place while sighing.

In front of Alys' house, Jonathan waits for Edouarda by watching the moon while thinking about that wildfire. But the more he thinks about it, the more he starts to remember something about that event. Then, Edouarda arrives.

- "Sorry for the late" she says while waving with her hand "Wow, you're making such a sad face. Did something happen?"

- "I... I just remember that... .... I...." he says while searching for words. "We witnessed the wildfire together, with Parson. I.... I even remember that he ran inside this fire but never came back."

- "When was that?" she asks. "I still haven't unlocked that part of that memory yet."

- "It was when Parson caught us in the forest and brought us back to the village" he says after a long second of silence. "It was just after we escaped from school and after we got lost to this forest."

- "Oh, so that's why there was a blackout the- Hold on" she says while remembering the scene of the wildfire while still maintaining her normal self. "Ah yeah, I remember now. I remember that you went you fall into coma that day, then myself too."

- "How can you go well after remembering this kind of thing?" Jonathan asks a bit scared.

- "Oh, it's just I use that memory as a fact, and not as a traumatic moment, since I already know that my biological mother and  sisters died because of it" she answers.

- "If only I can be like you" he says.

- "But anyway. Did you find some clues about the responsible of the wildfire?" she asks.

- "No, I didn't" he responds. "And what about you?"

- "Me neither" she responds. "But I find some peoples who's ready to help us out."

- "Really" he asks surprised.

- "Yeah" she responds while nodding. "They too want to know who did it. And from when I look at them, it feels it's more for revenge or something."

- "Wow girl, you've amazing" he says while feeling a bit of jealousy.

- "Thank you bro" she says with a big smile. "But now, let's get some sleep and continue our research. I'll stay on the North part."

- "And I'm going to stay on the South of Ahru village. Got it" he says while going back home. "See you tomorrow."

- "See you tomorrow" she says. "And with your best energy ever"

At home, Gustav, Alys and Junia are already eating while Jonathan joins them after washing his hands. Alys asks him how he is doing on his investigation. Jonathan responds that for now, they don't have enough clues to know who is the responsible of the wildfire. Alys replies that it's okay, he'll make progress tomorrow, which Jonathan thanks her with a smile. That smile makes also Junia and Gustav smiles too. Then Gustav says that he's happy to see him smiling to them again. Where Jonathan thanks him while he's eating.