Chapter 4 : Remember

The next day, when Jonathan walks at the town to buy for Alys some food from the market, then from the butcher shop, he meets Edouarda who's also buying some bear meat. Then, they walk together to Alys' home since Jonathan still haven't remember the way.

- "Why didn't you respond to me yesterday?" she asks.

- "Oh, sorry. My phone went out of battery" he answers.

- "Ouch. So that's also why you came to Sylvia's home" she says.

- "You knew about this?" he asks.

- "Well, if you have your phone dying, the first reflex you have is to find a place to recharge it" she answers with her hands behind her head. "And since the only place capable of this is her home, then it's easy to conclude that you went there. Without mentioning that she told me someone came to her place for some stupid reason"

- "I see." He says, then stays silent for some minutes. "Wait, do you know her?"

- "Yeah", she answers. "I use her place to work on some article and write some stories, then send them to my boss, since it's the only one who have internet and electricity."

- "I see" he says.

- "By the way, don't you find this strange that you didn't give me your phone number, and yet I managed to send you a message?" she asks him with curiosity and with a naughty smug.

- "So what?" he asks.

- "Oh come on", she yells a little, a bit disappointed. "Can't you be concern about a stranger having your phone?"

- "What should I care?" he says.

- "Wait what" she says completely shocked and scared. "You.... Don't... .... Care? Come on Jonathan, If I was a thief and I'm starting to steal your bank account, won't you care?"

- "Why should I care if the only thing you can steal from me are my debts" he answers then stays silent for some minutes. "Can we talk about something else please?"

Some moment later, they arrive in front of Alys' home. Edouarda is going back to her place while Jonathan is entering inside and puts the food he bought on the table, while leaving the money on it. But then, he remembers the message he got yesterday on his bed. Then, he goes toward Alys.

- "Alys, can I ask you something?", he asks.

- "Yeah, what is it?" she asks him. "Aren't you feeling well in our place?"

- "No no no, it's not about it" he answers. "I was just wondering if you knew that someone gave me a message yesterday about 'Remembering us' or something like that."

For a moment, her smile fades away a bit, but then comes back. Jonathan is completely confused by the reaction of Alys, and then remembers about the woman who guided him there for the first time he went to the town center who have the same smile reaction.

- "Sorry, I wasn't aware of it" Alys says. "I can ask Gustav or Junia."

- "Oh, okay" he says a bit disappointed.

- "Anyway, I'm going to prepare lunc-"

Someone is knocking at the door, so Alys goes open it. It turns out that it's Edouarda and that he wants to see Jonathan. So, Alys calls Jonathan who was about to go to his bedroom, then Jonathan comes to her.

Then, they go together to the park where they talk for the first time, sitting on a bench.

- "Why do you always want to be with me?" Jonathan asks Edouarda, a bit annoyed.