Chapter 8 : Parson

Later, after Jonathan and Edouarda comes back to Lucie's place, Edouarda asks to Louise where Parson is. She says that he's a bit away. Edouarda asks her if she knows the precise location he went, but she says that she didn't tell her where exactly, then asks her why they want to talk to Parson. Edouarda says that she wants to tell him something.

Later, Parson comes back home, and Edouarda suddenly hugs him. Parson is completely confused and asks Edouarda if she's okay. Edouarda doesn't say anything and continues to hug Parson while Louise and Lucie witness the scene. At the beginning, they didn't understand why Edouarda hugs Parson out of nowhere, but then realize step by step why is she's doing this, then starts to smile and have some tears. Then, Edouarda adds some words on her hug saying, "Long time no see Parson". Parson is completely confused, and shivering. Then, Louise says the same sentence, and Lucie does the same. Parson looks at them, not knowing why they are saying this. Parson asks them by "What do you mean by long time no see?", with a trembling voice like if he's going to be eaten. Then, Lucia takes out of her right pocket a ring, then gives it to parson's right hand while making sure her hand doesn't touch his hand.

Suddenly, Parson sees on his head the sound of the bells of the mayor's place, and where he sees a woman in a white dress, and puts the same ring he currently have on his hand on the woman's longest finger, then heard someone asking him if he's going to be with her until death takes them apart, and him answering yes, then kisses her, while the whole village applauds them.

Back at reality, Parson looks at Lucie. Lucie gives him a big and warm smile. Then, Parson tells her, with tears on his eyes "Long time no see, honey".

- "So, you finally remember me, sweetheart" Lucie says.

- "Yeah... ..." Parson says with a low voice and feeling ashamed. "I... I just need to rest a bit."

- "Why, is there something wrong, dad?" Louise asks him, a bit confused by his behavior.

- "Is it because you're feeling guilty of being with another woman?" Edouarda asks after taking some steps back.

- "H...How did you know?" Parson asks a bit shocked.

- "You always talk about how proud you are with your wife despite you've been in a rough time" Edouarda says with a big warm smile. "And that was before you remember us, your first family."

- "Ah, right" he says.

Then, Parson goes to sit on the sofa, sighing, then is starting crying. Lucie sits near him with enough distance to not have physical contact with him, while Edouarda sits on the other side of him and hugs him like a mother who want to comfort her child.

- "Lucie... .... Don't... .... You hate me?" Parson asks in shame.

- "Not anymore" Lucie says with a gentle voice. "After all, you're happy with your new family, right?"

- "Why.... Why are you so... ... okay... ... that ... I...." he asks.

- "That you cheated on me? When did you cheat on me?" she says. "You just lost your memories about us and the whole village; it isn't your fault."

- "But still... I... left you all.... Alone with Louise, Pat and Edouarda... ... " he says.

- "Parson... there is a truth you should learn from us" she says, while looking a bit away, with her smile fading a bit away.

- "What is it?" he asks.

Lucie comes closer to him, then touches Parson's hand. But when Parson sees her doing this movement, he feels nothing, and Lucia's arm goes inside his hand and sees her hand going out of his arm. Parson looks at her in shock, and with more tears coming from his eyes.