Chapter 12 : The apology

Edouarda explains to Jonathan that Martin Sola is a famous CEO in the apartment selling domain in Eskola city, Bescala city and other cities and villages. She mentioned that one of her work colleagues managed to have an interview with him once and another one has made research about him and his success. She also adds that she's surprised that he came from this town this whole time. Jonathan is surprised too by this revelation. But he wonders why someone as successful as him destroyed his birth village, and why he betrayed the one who loved him.

They continue to talk about him in their way back home. But their information is as limited as the size of the town. And so, the next day, they go toward the Sola's house, and knock at their door. But the door is not open by the one who lives inside. And when Edouarda puts her ear on the door, she tells Jonathan that there is no one home, where he's a bit uneased to see Edouarda doing this.

Then, they go back at their respective host home. In their way, Edouarda tells him that she's going to think for a plan to make him come to this village, and that she'll need to be alone for a moment, mentioning that, if she'll need his help, she'll come to his place. Jonathan nods.

At Alys' house, Jonathan tells Alys and Gustav his improvement on his investigation with Edouarda, where Alys and Gustav are surprised. But he still doesn't mention the name of Samy and Jouva to them.

Then, for one week and a half, since he has nothing to do because of Edouarda's busyness, he helps Alys on her housework by cleaning the dishes with her, the main room's floor, Junia's bedroom, Gustav and Alys' bedroom and his. He also helps her in cooking, but he has some struggles with it, which makes Alys laughs and Jonathan be embarrassed.

But then, everyone in the town is called to stop their activities and to come in front of the Town hall. Alys and Jonathan are surprised, and they immediately go to the town hall in a hurry. Arrived there, there is a lot of peoples in front of there. From what Jonathan can hear, no one understands why they are asked to come there. But he can't see where Edouarda is.

Suddenly, he sees the mayor on a balcony in the first stage of the town hall. But next to him, there was a girl with orange and curly hairs, looking shy but determined, with her parents who holds her shoulder, that Jonathan recognizes easily and is surprised by seen her. The girl is Jouva. Jonathan wonders what she's doing there with the mayor.

Then, the mayor tells us with a loud voice the main reason why he asked everyone without exception to come here. He says that Jouva wanted to tell something about the wildfire. And so, the mayor steps back. Then, Jouva moves forward with timid but determined steps, then takes a breath and starts to speak, where the whole crowd is looking at her, waiting for her speech.

"Well... About... .... About the wildfire that caused the village to dow-"

Someone in the crowd yells that he can't heard her with her voice and that she needs to speak louder. Jouva is surprised by this and feels a bit intimidated by this. She starts to shiver and being immobile like a frozen statue. She imagines the reaction of the crowd wanting to torture her to death after saying the truth. Then, her parents to her and hugs her, while saying something to her ears, before they step back and goes next to the mayor. She doesn't shiver now, but she struggles to talk, until she sees on the crowd Jonathan, remembering their moment where they spent together some days ago. And so, she starts to a bigger breath, where now she looks confident and is ready to talk.

"Do you all remember about the day where we all died because of this wildfire? Well, some rumors says that it wasn't a natural one, and they are right one. There were two people who are responsible for the death of everyone here, where one of them wants to say sorry to you all and wants to take responsibilities from her actions. The first one, the mastermind behind this wildfire, is Martin Solas, my ex-boyfriend, and the second one, the one who helped him on his town murder and who's ready to her punishment... ... is me, Jouva Soldove. Thank you all, and I'm sorry for everything."