XI

011

CHAPTER ELEVEN; 'SOMETHING DIFFERENT'

(for this short ass
chapter, i'm gonna
be using "Honesty"
by Pink Sweat$. the
song belongs to him! )

 the song belongs to him! )

MORA HAD A HIDDEN TALENT.
and that talent was singing. no one but her mom as ever heard her sing before. when she was little, her mom always told her that her voice could take her places where her and her father had never been. But Mora chose Rap. rapping was starting to get boring to her and she wanted to start back doing what she loved most.

"she said, "baby im afraid to fall in love." mora sung softly, writing her lyrics to her new song.

"whatchu doing ma?" She had almost forgot that Duke stayed the night in her apartment, as she looked at the dreadhead as he walked up to her.

"music. just sum different." she gave him her lyric book.

"ma, these don't look like rap lyrics." he said as he scanned through the pages.

"i know how ta sing papi." she smiled and flipped her hair.

"oh word? lemme hear sum then." he sat on her bed, waiting for her to start.

"i-it's not done yet though, i don't have the music or any" she got cut off.

"baby, i'm not here to judge. i just wanna hear yo voice." he reassured his bestfriend as she smiled in gratefulness.

"okay." she took her lyric book from his hands and swiped to the page to start. she took a deep sigh, and let her mouth move on it's own.

"she said "baby i'm afraid to fall in love"" mora sung angelically making duke jaw drop by how beautiful her voice was and wonder why she didn't just become a singer instead.

"Cause what if it's not reciprocated?"
"i told her "don't rush girl, don't you rush.""
"Guess it's all a game of patience."

"and the rest right now is a blur." she laughed and looked down at her 4 verses.

all duke did was get from her bed and walked towards. mora stared at the smiling man infront of her as he gently lifted her chin.

"you have a beautiful voice baby." she smiled at his compliment.

"mora what's wrong." he asked as she eyes started to water.

"it's just, i wish i become a singing instead of rap. this song is me having a conversation with past me. i used to be a mess." she looked down at her lap.

"mama, look at me." she refused.

"mora look." he grabbed her neck which made her look at him. she was trying so hard not to get aroused by the moment.

"it's never too late to change mama. especially if u wanna change into something you love." he looked at her deep in her eyes. meaning every word that came out his mouth. she just nodded, stuck in a trance.

they continued staring in each others eyes, begging for one of them to make the first move. duke slowly leaned in as mora did the same.

'ting'

the sound of dukes phone broke the ice of tension as they both quickly moved nervously. mora moved back to her desk as duke went to sit one the bed and see who texted him.

"damn. i'm sorry ma i gotta go. kai wants me to stream with him."  all she did was nod.

"hey, don't be awkward with me now. you still my lil yea yea." he handled her hand and joked with her making her laugh.

"okay i'm sorry, see you later."

"see you soon ma." he kissed her forehead and walked out the door.

after she heard the front door close, she let out a huge sigh and started smiling like an idiot. she wondered wtf duke was doing to her, but she loved every bit of it. she was truly falling in love for the first time in forever. oh how she wish his phone never went off.

 oh how she wish his phone never went off