Chapter 10

I freeze.

Why am I so nervous? He saved my life. But then I realized that I'm practically cheating on Jake. The one who loves me.

"Uhh..." I say, dumbfounded " Sure Josh." With one look at Josh's fallen face, he noticed that I was uncomfortable, so I immediately put on a smile.

"Next week maybe?" He suggests. I nod.

*A week later*

I hum quietly as I wait for Josh. I hear a knock on the door. When I open it his face brightens immediately and he grabs my hand and drags me through seemingly never ending corridors and stairways before stopping abruptly before a set of French doors. He never dropped his somewhat impish grin.

"Wait," He says, as he drops my hands. I find myself feeling somewhat disappointed when he drops it. Weird.

He pulls a white strip of cloth from his pocket and hands it to me.

"Here."

"Umm... What's this?"

"It's a blindfold."

"And what for?"

"A surprise Carlie!"

He steps behind me and ties the blindfold around my eyes gently.

When he finishes he quickly kisses me on the cheek. He kissed me on the cheek. KISSED ME ON THE CHEEK?

Before I could say anything he opens the set of French doors and the delicious smell of food hits me like a truck on a highway. I inhale as much of the wafting smell as possible. Josh laughs at my struck expression. I punch his arm playfully.

"It smells amaz-" I stop abruptly when he unties my blindfold.

It was a garden. A beautiful garden. A garden that'll make the Hanging Gardens of Babylon jealous. Colorful lanterns were strewn from tree to tree, magnificent flowers, lilacs, lilies, roses, violets, tulips, littered the white stone pathway to something I couldn't quite make out. Small lights were hung on strings that decorated a bridge over a light cobalt turquoise river.

"Josh, this is..." I'm at lost for words.

Josh's face falls.

"Oh, you don't like it." He says as he runs his hands through his hair. "I wasn't really sure what you likes, and the lanterns... I thought they were too much and the flowers-"

I cut him off with a kiss on his cheek.

"It's beautiful." I smile.

"Not as beautiful as you." He says happily. (A:N// I know, I know... Cheesy :) )

I blush. I could see that his hands were itching to touch the place where I kissed him. It was so sweet.

He led me down the stone pathway leading to the mysterious, delicious-smelling date destination. I like how he holds my hand gently, almost as he's afraid that I might break, or disappear into thin air. We walk for a while, talking about our hobbies, likes, dislikes, it was fun. Who knew that he loved to put peanut butter on his hotdogs and read in the dark with a flashlight?

When we arrive at our journey's end, I find that our date is a picnic. A romantic picnic. There's the classic red plaid blanket, but the food. Oh the food...there's cake, pizza, sandwiches, hot dogs, ice-cream, peanut butter, and practically anything that you could possibly think of.

We sit down to eat and Josh kept on sneaking glances at me, I think that it was to see if I was enjoying the food, or if I was going to run away screaming like a lunatic.

"So, what made you decide to ask me on a date?" I ask curiously as I bite into a chocolate covered strawberry.

"Well," Josh says as he runs his hands in his messy brown hair. "When I heard that you were I'm the infirmary, well, I was worried. Very worried. I thought that you were gone Carlie. Forever. And couldn't bear the thought that you left, thinking that I was... untrustworthy. I-I I couldn't take it. I couldn't bear it. But when I heard that you were awake... I was happy Carlie, so happy­." he sighed. "I remember that dreadful feeling. It was torture. I realized that I should just put myself out there. After all, it was better than waiting." he hesitated," I-I want you, Carlie. I-I I love you."

"Jake, I-" I start, but he cuts me off.

"Listen Carlie, I know that you may not return these feelings for me, but it was worth a shot. And even if you don't like me that way, I want you to know that I'll always be there for you when you need anything. Always." he takes my hand gently.

"Josh, I-I don't know what to say. I can't say I love you. Not yet. But there is one thing I can say, I have feelings for you Josh... Strong feelings. They're definitely positive, and I trust you Josh. I really trust you." I say, cupping our entwined hands with my free hand.

He leans in and I find myself leaning in too. It felt right and I guess I knew that this is what I should do. It's what I want to do. When our lips touch I feel a spark in my chest. A spark that warms my body to the very tips of my fingers. I fell into the kiss. I held so many emotions. Passion, Anger, Longing, Love, Nervousness... I felt my hands run through is messy, soft, golden hair and his hands cups my lower cheek. The mutual feeling was amazi-

"Carlie?" Asked a familiar voice. Jake.

Hey guys!

It's and sorry that it took so ! and sorry that it long for me to write this Chapter, it was because I had to go to this stay-overnight-camp thingy for 3 days. And also when I typed this chapter, everything got lost :(. But here it is and I hope that you enjoy it!

Peace out,

-Kayley