Eleven

*Parker's POV*

🗽Tess🌼

Told you I had your number x

97% sure you're a stalker.

Still leaves me 3% to convince you I'm not x
I'm not BTW.

Hmm.

Not convinced 
Can you do me a favour tomorrow?

Sure can! x

My friends are asking for photos to prove I am
in fact, not just hibernating in my teenage
bedroom alone. Do you mind if I take some pictures of us both?
If not it's okay they can deal with the selfies 🙂

Why would I mind Tess?
I'll put my lip gloss in my bag then. Gotta look
my best
🤗

Thanks Parker. I really appreciate it.

I'm gonna go get some sleep sinceI'll be dealing with the 2nd most annoyingperson in town all day tomorrow.11?

11, don't forget swimming clothes x

Night.

Night Beautiful x

10:47am
Setting off now, be at yours in a few x

10:59am
Here🤗 x

I could see her peeking out the curtains. Trying to be sneaky about the fact she was looking out for me like I didn't know she was. I expected her to be. I hoped she would. I hoped she'd be counting the seconds down to make sure I wasn't late. I wasn't giving her a reason to think I'd let her down. I'm not letting her down. I've done it once. Never again. I'm not losing her again.

She ran out of the house, not even closing the door behind her. Her Mom came out, arms crossed in the doorway, shaking her head with a soft smile on her face. I'd had my warning about hurting Tess again. Beth and I had talked at length about the break up years ago. She knew why I'd said what I said and had the same concerns I'd had but didn't want to voice them and she was glad she didn't.

"Hi." She smiled, climbing in. The same old worn out baseball cap she'd worn as a teenager, sunglasses tucked into the top of her printed white tee, long sleeve jacket tied around the waist of her denim shorts just in case. How this girl could look flawless in hiking clothes, no makeup on I don't know but she was.

"Hey. You ready?"

"Sure am!" Her hands tapped on my dash, more energy in her today than I'd seen her have since she got home. This was almost old Tessa but I'm a little worried it's all for show. I pulled out, starting us on the 30 minute drive out to another of her favourite places in town. I know she loves the Riverside hike. Tessa had always loved being out in it. Trees and grass and water and sand and wildflowers. How a nature girl like her thrived in the big city, I'll never understand.

"What are you doing?"

"You've got a super outdated playlist going so as the passenger princess, I am fulfilling my duties as radio DJ today." She pushed the wire into the speaker system, taking the Aux cord and plugging her phone in with an overly proud smile.

"You're in a good mood today."

"Excuse me," She hit play, laying her phone between us on the bench, turning and sitting comfortably in her spot. "I am always in a good mood."

"Darling, less than 24 hours ago you were shouting at me for taking you for a picnic."

"I wasn't expecting to go anywhere. I was supposed to go home."

"I got you home didn't I?"

"Eventually. Like 3 hours later than I was expecting to be. OH! I like this one." She leaned over, turning the volume up on the stereo, proceeding to sing along. This is one of those moments that you know are cementing themselves into life long memories. Having her here, happy, singing, confident and taking control of things. It's not the Tessa I dropped home last night. This was the Tessa I fell in love with. I like knowing she's still in there. I'll get her out. I've got 8 days until the wedding to get her out like I promised Jayde I would.

The drive was over too quickly. I didn't get enough looks over at her. I should have taken the longer route up here. Driven around the outskirts of town until she noticed we were going in one giant circle. Anything to keep her this close to me a little longer.

She had me almost running up this mountain to keep up with her. That smile on her face not faltering as I took photos of her walking ahead, running back to me like an excited child.

"You're so slow." She grabbed my hand, pulling me forward a little faster. Do not make a big deal out of it Parker.

"You're too fast. This is a leisurely walk. We don't have a time limit." I tugged back on her hand, forcing her to fall back to my pace. "Relax. There's no rush Tess."

"But-"

"But nothing. It's just us out here for the full day. If we get around quick I will make us sit in the truck in the parking lot."

"What and do nothing?"

"Mhm." I nodded. "Not a thing. Or, I could drive us a little further from town and put the pillows in the back of the truck like we used to." I swung our hands, lifting it up into the air and pulling to spin her around. "I've missed having you around Tess."

"Can't have missed me that much." She rolled her eyes. "How was your morning?"

"Change of topic there?"

"Mhm." I sighed.

"I did miss you that much, just before we move on. I can't explain how much I miss you constantly." She blinked at me. "My morning was fine. Just some little jobs that people needed doing. Didn't take me too long. Yours?"

"Quiet."

"Did you work out like you wanted to?"

"Oh. Yeah. I made Ethan do it too. Had him panting after 2 minutes."

"Pathetic."

"Oh yeah? I'd love to see you try it."

"What is it? Yoga?"

"No. It's a Hiit session my PT made me."

"You have a PT?"

"Are you kidding? Do you have any idea how heavy the costumes I have to wear are? I'm running in them, dancing and singing for like a solid 2 hours almost. I can't miss a beat. I have to be able to run and sing without sounding out of breath."

"I know, I saw."

"You saw?"

"There's some video clips online from the promos. When are you back?"

"Second week in September."

"I'll find some time to come up when you get settled back into it."

"Really?" I nodded, squeezing her hand a little tighter. "Text me when you know when you can come up and I'll get you some seats. Don't book a hotel either, someone somewhere is bound to have a spare room. Oh my god, you'd be able to meet Lina and Logan and- WELLS."

"Wells?"

"Wells is one of the funniest guys I've met in my whole life. You'll get on really well with him I swear." No mention of Ben anywhere in that list Tess? No? Good. "And there's this restaurant around the corner from the theatre that is just next level. We'll go there." I moved my hand, pushing my fingers between hers, pulling her a little closer to me as she continued telling me about everything she wanted to show me in NYC. If she tried to fit everything into the first trip there'd be nothing for the second. Or the third. Or the fifth.