Twenty One

*Tessa's POV*

"I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to look better than the bride." I almost choked on my drink as Parker wrapped his arms around me, whispering in my ear. I'd barely seen him since Wells got here 3 days ago. It's been chaotically driving him around town and showing him everything with the girls and then yesterday was all hands on deck to decorate the square in the middle of town for the reception. Wells said I was being ridiculous when I unloaded the dump of feelings onto him on Thursday evening, sobbing into his chest in my room. He'd knocked on the door and I honestly thought it was Parker trying again and I just burst into tears the second I'd seen Wells on my doorstep, head cocked almost a full 90 degrees.

"Park-"

"Dance with me."

"You're drunk."

"I've had one beer."

"Lightweight." He took the almost empty glass out of my hand, placing it on the table beside me, pushing his fingers into mine and wrapping himself around me entirely.

"Parker, people are looking."

"Let them." I turned my head back to him, a smile pulling at his lips. 3 days and I'd missed being this close to him. I love having him wrapped around me like this and breathing him in. It wasn't often Parker wore aftershave. But when he did, it was as manly as him. A scent he'd worn when we were younger and it felt as comforting as the cinnamon and vanilla of coming home to Mom's. "Dance with me Tess." I swallowed, waiting a second before I nodded and let him pull me into the crowded dance floor.

Another slow song started as he pulled me in close. His arm wrapped around my back, fingers spreading out wide across the small of my back giving me an overwhelming sense of security. I could feel everyone's eyes on us both right now. I could hear the whispers and I couldn't help but worry we were going to be the thing people were talking about when it wasn't my wedding. Today's supposed to be about Jayde and-

"Look at me Tess." I blinked, moving my eyes from the stares over Parker's shoulder and back to his baby blues. "Get out of your head. It's just us right here right now. No one else matters."

"They're talk-"

"They're going to talk anyway Tess." He pulled me closer, pressing my silk champagne dress into his perfectly pressed shirt. He looked amazing tonight. Top 2 buttons of the shirt unbuttoned dark suit jacket even though he must be miles too warm in it and dark jeans. Not quite black. An off navy like his jacket. So put together but casual. Stunning. He was stunning. "I've missed you the past few days."

"You saw me Saturday night at Nate's."

"I know but you sitting across the room on Wells' lap isn't exactly the way I'd have spent the night." Oh, here we go.

"You don't need-"

"I like Wells. You were right. He's like your double. He doesn't' like me though. He made that very clear."

"What? Wells thinks your great." I looked up at him a little better, shaking my head. Wells had practically not stopped talking or asking about Parker. Non-stop. I was starting to worry for Logan in all honesty.

"He told me he didn't like me for hurting you in the first place."

"Oh." The whispers got a little louder and Parker sighed.

"I'm changing my mind."

"What?" I stopped moving but Parker pulled on me, forcing my feet to move in time with him. His fingers tracing small circles on the bottom of my back.

"I don't want you to choose him. I want you to be happy but I want you to be happy with me. I'm done acting like I'll survive if you go back to New York and stay with him. I don't see a future without you in it Tessa and I can't just leave this decision up to fate. I want you to choose and I want to spend the rest of your break here planning the rest of our lives and looking for that house on the lake so I can work on it whilst you're spending the next 5 years being the most amazing actress on Broadway that ever existed."

"Parker-"

"I love you Tessa. You're my whole world. I don't give a damn who hears it and what they say and that this is what the town are gossiping about for the next year." I couldn't even respond before he was leaning down and kissing me. My face was burning, his slow breathes on my face somehow cooling me off just enough for me to relax into it. He didn't care. He didn't care about the eyes and the gossip and what they were going to say about Ben. I did. Parker didn't. Parker never seemed to care about anything other than this moment right now and apparently our future.

He dropped my hand, pushing it up to cup my face, pressing himself deeper when I sunk into him. I'm almost 100% sure he's never kissed me like this. He didn't kiss me in public. We'd dance at parties and weddings but physically kissing me in public was very few and far between and it was always gentle and quick.

This wasn't. This was hot and heavy and demanding and he was claiming me as his for the whole town to see. He was making a very clear statement about how much he needed me. I wrapped my hands around the collar of his jacket, pulling him down a little harder. He pulled back after a few seconds, smile on his face, my lipstick a mess over his face.

"Let's go."

"Go where?"

"Yours, mine, the beach, a damn meadow. I don't care. Just anywhere that's just us."

"Yours." I whispered. He pressed his lips into my forehead, entwining our fingers again. He spun me once and pulled me off the dance floor before the song had finished. I just wanted Parker right now.