Meet My Life:

Another sigh left my lungs, how long will I continue to live like this? I slam the door behind me and end up face first in my bed, bawling my eyes out. I wish life was different, I'm such an idiot. Don't know if it's exasperation or I'm just sick. The sunshine through my window attempted to brighten my day, yet I felt like it wasn't sober...can't it tell that I need something more?

Not a second later, I get a call from Emaline '' Come escape from your dad and come take a walk with me''

"I love you, thank you, you saved my life'

I meet her on the most popular park in Portland, 'Emaline, you saved me, literally, I was about to...'

She interrupted me with a 'Man, just calm down, I'm here'

She didn't say much, but my heart was at ease, we've always been best friends...she's helped me more than I can explain. I know why she doesn't want to hear me say it...because she feels for me and that's a lot more than anyone has ever given me in my life.

'Bro, are you still here?'

I swallow all my thoughts and simply say 'Yea, sorry just sleepy'

'Well, wake up, you're so lazy and you won't believe what I found out'

'What did you find out?' I ask with a genuine urge to know.

'MY MOTHER...I KNOW WHERE SHE IS, and you need to help me (she thinks about it and then quietly whispers) I need you to'.

And I wouldn't ever say no, I couldn't, that would be the same as stabbing a knife in her back and then running away from her. As hard as it is, I've known her since she was little, she's always wanted her mom back, she was so hopeless that I couldn't watch so everyday I built her back up telling her that we would find her mother. Consequently, if I say no now, it's like bringing her up high in the mountains and then leaving her with no way to come down. I take a deep breath because I know if we don't find her...she'll be devastated and we've spent years looking for her already. Hesitantly, I look at all the hope and courage built up in her eyes, I have to hope for her...just for her...

'Okay...Let's do it'. I softly whisper.