Then there it goes, like a hurricane

Me and Emaline both take a walk,

'Emaline, just talk to me'.

She starts dithering, but in whatever she was conflicted by, I could tell that both caused despondency.

'Please, I can't be like this'.

Her voice; quiet and broken, like the sound that comes out when someone has seen something that strikes their soul.

'I don't know what to say, I'm happy for you'.

I was hit with the anguish, I can't tolerate this.

So I take her hand in a helpless manner, I let her feel the warmth, hoping the warmth would somehow symbolize the warmth in my heart for her, I can't watch her like this..I can't be like this. I...she means too much to me.

Due to the fact that she intently managed not to make eye contact, I rapidly get in front of her, forcing her to face what she refuses to. Her hand still in mine, I get closer to her until there are only a few centimeters away from her.

'Please, I won't stop until you spill it'.

Then there it goes, like a hurricane.

'Arlo, you built me up. For this day, what if I don't find her? And if I do then what's it worth? And I want you to be happy, I want you to be happy with your mom, I know how much her leaving tore you apart but you're gonna leave permanently. I want you to have a loving mom, a good life but I want to be part of that. And in the whole world, you won't find another person who cares about you more than I do but I need you. I fricking love you idiot, you mean everything to me. The days we built each other up, we built 'us'. And please don't break 'us'.