Chapter 8

Ferns pov:

Last night was so much fun, I got introduced to this handsome boy that I have completely fallen head over heels for, he was kind and charming and we had a lot in common. Yes most of my attention was on him most of the night but I couldn't help but gaze over to the dancefloor. Smack in the middle I spotted y/n and Tom super close to each other. I hadn't seen y/n this happy in a long time and she looked lost in his eyes. To see her genuinely smile was very rare, especially regarding her past, poor thing. I hope he's her happiness.

"Girls this way" one of the stage producers called out as I made my way along with the other girls.

Your pov:

"We are live in 1.. 2.. 3.."
A guy directed the camera towards the stage and the show was streaming live.

The host began to speak..

"Hey everyone! It's one of your hosts Rachel! Today, we are joined with the well know 'Shut Down'" she smiled.

"Ok, girls that's your cue, go... Go" the stage producer instructed.

The crowd erupted into a loud applause followed by a lot of cheering. The fans held up signs and were jumping up and down as we entered the stage. You waved to some as you took your seat.

"Thank you girls for coming in!" Rachel continued.

"No problem at all!" You fake smiled, you were still kind of pissed about your break day being ruined.

"So you girls have gained so much popularity in the last few months, tell us, what has it been like?" She asked.

"Well it's actually been so amazing, we are glad to share our music with the world" you responded.

"Yes, our music has deep meanings and we wanted to share our experiences through something everyone enjoys!" Tanya added.

"Ahhh yes I see, I must say, fans think your pretty inspiring" Rachel chuckled.

"Well we hope to inspire others and help them accomplish their dreams!" Shaylan replied.

"Yes and we hope to see many girl bands in the future who we inspired" Fern continued in from her sister.

"That's so sweet to hear from you girls, fans are dying to know what the meaning of your first song was, care to tell us?" The lady questioned.

"Well, it was really about not being able to let go of someone from the past" Tanya sighed.

"Alright, such a deep meaning, what about your songs 'Too young', 'don't leave so soon', 'forgotten love'?" Rachel asked.

All the girls looked at you, you knew you had written those songs about your childhood and they had a very deep meaning to you.

"Well, actually most of the songs were based on my struggles throughout my childhood" you replied, your head was hanging low a bit.

"Oh, are you willing to explain?" Rachel looked directly at you.

You gazed over to your friends and they all gave you a reassuring 'you can do this' look you sighed and began.

"Ok, I had a bit of a troubled childhood, speaking my experiences and trauma through music felt like my only escape from reality" you started off, "the girls and I had gotten into the wrong type of crowd, we just wanted to fit in and feel normal, in 'Too young' we were trying to get our audience to capture the pressure of fitting in as one of the hardest things in life is being yourself"

"We didn't come from much and we were hoping that there was some way out" Tanya added making you feel less stressed.

"Oh wow girls, you have really touched all of our hearts!" Rachel gasped.