(003) seven

TW ABUSE!!!

TW ABUSE!!!

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

stella snuck back home at 12am, praying to god her parents weren't home yet.

she walked across the living room carefully, but tripped on the stairs, alerting her mom who was sleeping on the couch.

"estella romano, where the hell do you think you're going?" her moms thick italian accent (merged with a boston accent) made her wince.

"um..." she turned around to face her mother. "i was just-"

"i told her to go to cvs to get me cough drops." enzo cleared his throat, walking down the stairs.

"what have i told you about wearing no shirt?" she whispered to him, noticing that he was only wearing pajama pants.

"not the time." he whispered back.

"where are they?" her mother asked.

"they didn't have the flavor he liked." she lied.

"you're a liar." she walked up to her. "what have i told you about lying?"

"i'm sorry, mamma, i won't do it again." she looked down, having this encounter memorized.

her mother would slap her then an hour later she'd bring her a sandwich to eat as an apology.

she put her hands behind her back, signaling enzo to go upstairs. he didn't listen.

she was so embarrassed. her little brother is about to witness her getting slapped at her big age.

"look at me when i'm talking to you!" her mother yelled, making lorenzo flinch.

stella gulped. she didn't care about herself, she didn't want enzo to witness this.

she took the risk. she turned around to look at enzo, but as soon as she lifted her gaze from the ground, she got a big fat slap.

lorenzo looked horrified.

he didn't get that many beatings as a child since stella took all the beatings for him and his siblings.

"chi cazzo sei?" (who the fuck do you think you are?) her mother cursed, "if my son is sick, i will help him get better. not you."

"yes, mamma." she nodded. "i'm sorry, i won't do it again."

"you better not." she scoffed, "go to your room. don't you have school tomorrow?"

she had a long week ahead of her.

"yes, mamma." she said quietly.

"c'mon, enzo, let's go." she grabbed her brother by his arm and took him to her room.