(010) 1 step forward

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

caleb and ella have been together for around 3 months, and they have yet to break up like the originally planned. they talked it out, and they decided to keep it going for a bit longer since neither of them got the reaction they were hoping.

they posted each other and occasionally went on dates, but they rarely talked.

a couple of weeks ago, audrey was out with her older sister to get some snacks from 7/11 when she saw chris there. "nobody understands what i'm going through, especially her." she heard chris say to one of his friends.

"just talk to est- oh. hi, audrey, was it?" his friend cleared his throat, seeing her at the register.

chris visibly froze, and ever since that day he refused to make eye contact with her.

audrey gave her stuff to her sister and ran to the car and told stella everything.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

stella was sulking in her bed like usual when nick and audrey came in. "lorenzo let us in." they informed.

"okay." she nodded, staring at the ceiling.

"goodness gracious, ellie, what has he fucking done to you?" audrey pitied, sitting next to her on the bed.

hearing audrey's pity realized how much of a pitiful situation she's in.

she sat down on her bed instead of laying down. "i need to fix myself."

"damn right." nick supported.

"he called me." she announced.

"WHAT." nick yelled.

"when?" audrey said, much more calmly.

"i dunno like..." she trailed off, "a couple months ago."

"WHAT." audrey yelled.

"it was when you posted that i miss you i'm sorry emo shit right." nick concluded earning a nod from stella.

"I KNEW IT." he said proudly.

"what did he say?"

"he called me and i picked up and i was like
'hello?' and he was like 'i miss you' and then i was like 'i'm sorry' then he was like 'i.. fuck.' and hung up." she recalled. "he sounded like he was crying. you know why?" she asked nick.