Chapter 4:

Hank's POV:
I swear if I ever see that man again, he's dead. How can you do that to your own child or let other people do that? Just the thought of that happening to her and I wasn't around for her, makes me sick to my stomach. I wish I had told her when we were talking about her 'father'. I wish I had known before that happened to her, I wish I could change it. If I had known Bunny got pregnant after that night, I would've told her that once that baby was born that I would take care of her. I could've taken care of her, could've protected her, and now I don't know how to tell her the truth. All I know is that I need to tell her now. I had Will Halstead run a secret DNA test against for me against Erin's and for once, turns out Bunny was telling the truth and I have to tell Erin before Bunny finds out that she's back in town and decides to tell her first. It's my place to tell her and I'm scared that she won't forgive me, but it's a risk I have to take.

Phone call (Hank and Erin):

H: "Hey Erin."

E: "Hey Hank. What can I do for you?"

H: "Are you able to come to the down to the district? I have something I need to tell you."

E: "Of course. I'll be right there."

H: "Okay, sounds good. If you want, bring Halstead."

E: "You got it." As we hung up, I started to think if telling her she could bring Jay along was a good idea.

Erin's POV:
As we hung up, I looked towards Jay as we were still entangled in each other.

E: "Hey Hank has something he wants to tell me. Want to come with me to the district."

J: "Sure, if that's okay with you. I know you and Hank haven't spent time together since you've been back and I've been taking up your time."

E: "Ever since I've been back and heard my 'dad' is after me, being with you has made me feel safer than when I'm not with you. So you "taking all of my time" isn't just on you."

J: "Okay, if you say so. But sure, I'll come with you. Are you ready or do you need to change? I'm not saying you have to."

E: "Hey, slow down, it's ok. I'm ready now." So with that, we get off the couch, head towards the door and put our shoes on, and just like that head out to the district hand in hand like nothings changed.

Jay's POV:
I wonder what Hank wants to talk to Erin about. It could be that he wants to give her an update on her sperm donor. I mean as much as he's done for her and how he's been there for her through out the ears, I don't see why he didn't just adopt her. But at the same time, she reminds me of him in everything she is and does. But it could just be he raised her and helped her become a real badass detective.

Hank's POV:
While I was waiting on Erin and Jay, I began to think bout what her life could've been like if I were to raise her or at least known aout her. But I know I shouldn't think like that because I can't change the past.

Third person POV:
Erin and Jay arrived at the disrict, they head up to Intelligence, and straight to Hank's office.

Hank's POV:

H: "Hey Erin, Jay."

E: "Hey Sarge."

J: "Hey Sarge."

E: "So what did you want need to talk about?"

H: "I need to tell you the truth about your mother and father. When you asked why I didn't adopt you and I saod it was because I didn't have to orry about your mother coming back and demanding me to hand you over to her, it wasn't the whole truth of why I dodn't adopt you. The truth is you can't adopt your own child, but I didn't know your mother was pregnant with you."

E: "So, you're saying your my biologial dad and the man I grew up with has no blood relation to me?"

H: "Yes Erin, that's what I'm saying. And you have to know that if I had  known, I would've taken you second you were born."

Erin's POV:
I knew there was a reason behind Bunny not wanting me to talk to Hank and tried to tell me what kind of man he was once I became a cop, but it got worse once she found out I was a detective in his unit. She didn't want me to know the truth.

E: "I'm not mad or hurt. I now understand why Bunny tried to get me to turn against you since I got into your unit and why she kept telling me lies about you. How did she know before you and how did you find out the truth?"

H: "She told me one day after she came here trying to put a picyure of you and Nadia on your desk and I yelled at her about how it was affecting you, how she was sick and insane for doing that. And then I walked her downstairs to make sure she actually left and didn't hang around waiting for you, but she had the nerve to tell me that she didn't know who your real father was nd that it could be me and that I couldn't pretend that the night between us didn't happen. And if I'm being honest I don't remember that night. But ever since then the thought I could be your real dad began to slowly eat at me and once I knew for sure you were coming back home, I had Jay's brother run a secret DNA test against your's and once he told me it was a ninety-nine percent match, I had to tell you. I would've done it sooner, but I didn't want to make you feel like you had to come back."

E: "Wow, I can't believe her and you wouldn't have made me feel that way, if you did have it done back then I would've came back to be with you. I wouldn't have felt that way. Does that mean you cheated on Camille?"

H: "No, not technically, we were seperated at time. I remember drinking at a bar, so I could've ran into her then and we had sex, but that's all I remember. Sitting at a bar drinking and the bartender handed me a drink and someone had ordered it for me and that's it."

E: "Could she have drugged you? I mean it's Bunny, there's a pretty good chance she did. And besides that I have never seen you drink to the point of forgetting."

H: "True. It is a good chance, but too late to prove. I want to know how this is affecting you."

E: "Like I said, I'm not mad or anything. I'm just relived that he has no connection to me. I guess it also makes sense of why Camille was so open to you bringing mr into your home. She knew and she wanted to show you she didn't blame you and didn't love you any less. I mean come on she knew when we were up to something and she could easily get it out of Justin, even if we didn't involve him because he would snitch."

H: "That is true. She did know when we were baking cookies for her birthday or Anniversary or Valentine's Day." What she's saying about Camille makes sense. Who knows? She could've known and was just trying to get me to know as well.

Jay's POV:
I missed this. Erin's smile and laugh while she talks to Hank about his late wife and her late half-brother, who she considered her brother anyway. She's just Erin. She's the same Erin I first fell in llove with and continued falling in love everytime I see her or she laughs and smiles. I'm glad she's back, if she didn't come back soon, I was liable to turn up at her door in New York at 3 am, even if Hank didn't want me to.