Chapter 12: PLOT TWIST

Hank's POV:

As Jay and Erin left for their ultrasound, everyone else got ready to head to the drug bust.

HV: "Alright everyone listen up! Everyone comes back in one piece. Adam, you're with me, Kim you're with Kevin, and Rojas you're with Antonio. You watch each other's backs out there."

KB: "You got it, Sarge."

Natalie's POV:

I was working in the E.D. when I saw Jay and Erin enter.

NM: "Hey guys, right on time. Follow me back and we'll check on the little one."

JH: "You got it. Thank you, Nat, for getting us in."

NM: "Not a problem Jay. You guys are practically family." 

Erin's POV:

I was both nervous and excited about finding out the gender of the baby.  I don't have a gender preference, I just want the baby to be healthy. I've been planning the gender reveal party all week trying to get an idea of how I want to do it and I'm still drawing a blank on how I want to do it. Not any way that can start a fire, that's for damn sure. 

E: "Hi Nat. How are you?"

NM: "I'm doing good, Erin. How have you been feeling?"

E: "Can't complain, although sitting at my desk all day is starting to make my back hurt."

J: "When did that start Erin? You haven't said anything to me about that."

E: "I'm sorry, I didn't want to worry you or anything. You need to be focused in the field and not on me."

J: "Of course I'm going to worry about you. First of all, you're my girl, and second of all you're carrying our baby, so of course I'm going to worry more about you. But I'm always careful in the field."

E: "I know, I'm sorry."

J: "Don't be sorry baby. It's okay. Are you ready to see the little Peanut?"

E: "I am very ready. Nat, are you ready?"

NM: "I'm ready to go. I got everything set up. Are we still doing the plan?"

E: "Yes ma'am we are. How excited are you to find out if you're having a niece or nephew?"

NM: "What?!?"

E: "You're the aunt, Nat. That is if you want to be."

NM: "Oh my gosh, of course, girly. Alright, let's see how the little one is doing."

NM: "Okay, the little peanut is looking healthy for being almost 4 months along. Good, strong heartbeat, and is the size that you want for being 4 months as well. Wanna hear the heartbeat before I make you turn away to find out the gender for you?"

J: "What are you thinking Er?"

E: "I wanna hear it."

NM: "Alrighty hear you go."

Jay's POV:

Hearing the baby's heartbeat for the first time is something I'll never forget. That is so cute and I'll never get over that. I looked over at Erin and noticed she also had tears in her eyes from hearing the heartbeat as well.

J: "That is the most precious thing I have ever heard."

E: "It's the most reassuring sound. Like I know it's real, but just to hear the heartbeat makes it so much more real. Thank you so much for that Nat."