Chapter 7

I'm back guys. Please don't hate me. I had to sit through a graduation ceremony today. I wanted to cry.
But now My Soldier is back on!! Sorry for the wait!!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

**one week later**

"You seem happier." My best friend Lexy points out as we're walking around campus at the end of the day. I shrug,

"It's just been pretty nice recently. That's all." I wasn't quite ready to tell her about Matt and I, seeing how we haven't really gone anywhere yet. I was planning on telling her tomorrow, after Matt's and mine's first "official date" as a true couple.

"You're hiding something aren't you? Have you been getting laid? Please tell me you're not pregnant! I mean if you are pregnant I guess that's okay, as long as you know who the dad is and if you're like, engaged-" Her rambling gets cut off by a pair of arms wrapping around my waist.

"Hey beautiful." Matt says as he kisses my cheek.

Lexy's eyes go wide when she sees Matt. I clear my throat awkwardly, trying to ignore the pins she's shooting at me from her eyes.

"Uhh Matt, this is Lexy. Lexy, Matt. Lexy is my best friend and roommate. Matt is my...boyfriend." I say the last part lowly so she doesn't freak out on me for not telling her sooner.

"WAIT??" She screeches, "YOU HAVE A WHAT??" She starts freaking out.

Oops.

"WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER DAMNIT!" She turns to Matt. "Hi I'm Lexy, so very nice to meet you." She takes his hand and quickly shakes it before unleashing her wrath again. "HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON?? WHY IN THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL ME??"

Matt seems taken back and shaken about what has developed so quickly before him.

"Uhh Lex?" I say calmly, interrupting her rambling.

"WHAT?" She snaps at me.

"You just got back from K.C yesterday. We didn't talk all break because your cell broke. And telling your best friend that you have a boyfriend over email isn't really the smartest thing with you." I explain.

She was visiting her family back in Kansas City, and before she left her phone broke, so we lost all communication with each other. She was getting her new phone today, and I was planning on telling her tonight over ice cream and chick flicks.

She blushes bright red when she realizes that she over reacted as went way over board, which is what she tends to do 24/7.

"I am so fucking sorry Anna." She gives me a big hug and turns to Matt, squeezing him in a hug as well, who still looks shocked on what happened in the 5 minute span he had been here.

"Ummm that happened." He said, and Lexy and I laugh at him, "I want to take you out tonight Annalise, as long as you're free." He glances towards Lexy, who smiles widely at him.

"I would love to, but Lexy and I were planning on having a girls' night since she just got back. Tomorrow night?" I say reluctantly.

He smiles and understanding smile, "Of course. Sisters before misters, isn't that what they always say? You need a ride to your place?" He asks.

"We would love that actually." Lexy says.

^^^car ride^^^

"So what is Lexy short for?" Matt asks, looking back at Lexy from the rear view mirror.

"Alexia." Shes says, "It just seems that 'Lexy' is easier."

He nods, "I like Alexia." He says almost to himself. I turn to Lexy,

"He's got a thing for full names." I say jokingly.

"I think it's cute." She replies with a wink, referring back to when he calls me by my full name. He never uses my nickname.

I blush, and I see Matt blush a little. I poke his cheek, which makes him blush even more, the pink of his cheeks making his gold eyes pop out a bit.

"It's just a thing I have, okay?" He says, defending himself, "I can't help it..."

I smile at him and hold his hand, "I don't mind it one bit."

Lexy says something about lovey-dovey and cute couples before I tell her not-so-politely so shut up.

^^^later that night^^^

"Have you guys fucked yet?" Lexy asks and I spew out my drink. She laughs at me, and I know she did the timing on purpose. She's always so straight forward.

"No. But he knows about Derek." I say quietly, and her mouth goes into an 'o' shape.

I sadly put my head down, trying not to let those memories escape.

"What are you going to do when he gets out?" She asks, grabbing my hand for comfort.

I begin to shake just thinking about it, "I have no idea. Get a restraining order..."

"Honey those take a while to get."

The thing I love about Lexy is that she never beats around the bush. She tells it to you straight, even if its right from the fires of hell.

"Then I hope to god he doesn't find me then." I say.

"Well, you've got me. And now you have your soldier boy." She says, trying to lighten up the mood, "who, might I add, has access to a shit ton of guns and military grade weapons and equipment."

We laugh together and I slowly drift off to sleep with my mind full of camouflage and army boots.