Chapter 21

**Special Valentine's Chapter**

"He's going to the doctor the base has." I tell Lexy as we eat our lunch. "They says he's one of the best in the country, and he's worked with Matt before." I explain after telling her about Matt and his PTSD.

"Are you okay though?" She asks, knowing how Matt almost hit me.

I nod, "he didn't mean to, and he didn't really know he was doing it. He couldn't help it. Derek knew exactly what he was doing." I spit out his name laced with venom. "The thing that doesn't make me scared is the look he had in is eyes after he found out he almost hit me. He was scared for me. And he was so ashamed, I knew that I shouldn't be afraid."

Lexy waves down the waitress for the bill and smiles wide at me. "He is a great guy Anna. The way he looks at you....he treats you like a fucking queen. I'm so jealous of you guys!" She says while laughing.

I laugh as my phone buzzes. It's Zane, telling me to get back to the shop ASAP due to the Valentine's Day rush/sale for those who are doing last minute shopping for their special someone.

"I gotta go, Lex." I stand up, laying down some money and she does the same.

"What are you doing tonight for Valentine's Day?" She asks.

Normally she wouldn't ask that, because I'm not usually the one to celebrate the holiday, given my past. I don't hate it, I just don't exactly enjoy it. But now that I have Matt, she thinks something might be different.

I shrug, "Go home, watch some movies, read a little. Take a bath maybe. I dunno. Matt's working late so he said that I shouldn't wait for him." Lexy gives me a sad look. "I'm used to it. I know what I was getting myself into when I started dating him."

"Maybe you'll do something later this week." She says.

"Yeah I guess. I kinda just want to sit on the couch and watch movies though. But I guess that's not Matt's idea of romantic." She raises her eyebrow and gives me a look.

"What?" I ask defensively.

"You and you ignorance when it comes to relationships. It stuns me sometimes." She says shaking her head.

"I'm going to take that as a compliment." I smile widely at her and she just laughs. "See ya, Lex." I wave as I walk in the shop through the back door.

"See ya later Anna. Have fun." And she drops her eye into a wink.

I don't get time to ask her what she means before Chia grabs my arm desperately and drags me inside.

**After work**

I groan as I walk up the last flight of stairs. Stupid elevator is broke and work killed me today. I cannot believe how people did last minute shopping for gifts for Valentine's Day. I chuckle, and sigh a breath of relief as I reach my apartment door. Those stairs were like Mt. Evetest my Lord.

I go to unlock the door only to realize that it's already cracked open. My heart starts breathing faster as the thought to why my door is like this runs through my head.

But I'm not greeted by and intruder or wild animal. I'm greeted by apartment being lit up with nothing but candles, the candle smell mingling with the smell of chicken alfredo. I gasp as I see Matt standing in my dining room holding a single rouse dressed in dress pants and a nice button down polo. As I near him, I the smell of his intoxicating cologne fills me nose.

"Matt..." I say, almost in disbelief. "What-"

"Happy Valentine's Day." he says, smiling widely.