Chapter 9

"Wait. You guys haven't spent the night together? Why?" Lexy demands as I rush around the room trying not to freak out about tonight.

I shrug, "I don't know, we just haven't. He's being respectful, okay?"

"Because of....." her voice trails off before speaking the forbidden name.

"I don't know. But if I don't leave soon I'm going to be late." I finish the last of my makeup and turn to Lexy for approval.

After she nods and gives me a hug, I head off into my car. I turn on the radio to calm my nerves down. I don't know why I'm so nervous. My fingers begin to drum the steering wheel as I turn onto Matt's street. As I park, I give myself one last look in the mirror before I take a deep breath and climb out of the car. I walk up to the door and ring the doorbell.

Matt opens the door, and like always has a big smile on his beautiful face. His golden eyes seem to stick out in the porch light. I can't help but smile in admiration.

"Hey beautiful." Matt says as he lets me in.

I make my way through the house into his room where I take my coat off and lay them on the chair in his room. When I get into the kitchen, I see him putting our takeout onto plates and setting them on the table. I grab a lighter and start lighting the candles.

**skip dinner**

As we sit in the couch watching "The Best of Me" as it gets to the end. Lets just say I'm sobbing like a baby.

"Ssshhhh baby it's okay. It's just a movie." Matt tries to calm me down so he can catch the rest of the movie.

"B-b-but he-he d-d-dinnit ha-ha-have t-t-t-to die!" I scream, trying to control my babbling.

I begin to calm down to watch the ending. I watch the part with tears still coming down my face. I sit there with my mouth opened when I watch the final scene that explains that Dawson Cole was the heart donor.

And that's when I lose it.

I didn't even give Matt a chance to hear what Dawson's letter to Amanda said because I am going berserk with sobs and screams.

"I'M S-SO DONE W-W-W-WITH NICOLASS S-S-S-SPARKS GOD DAMNIT!" I shove my face in a pillow and start screaming gibberish, soaking the fabric with salty tears.

I'm so into bashing Nicolas Sparks, I don't even realize Matt is on the phone.

"...You are aware it's not drill weekend? Look I get-" he pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs deeply at whatever words are coming from the other end of the phone. "Fine. I'll be there. Give me 10." Matt hangs up and throws his phone on the couch.

I look up at him with red eyes from crying with confusion, "you okay? Something wrong?" I ask.

"There's a situation at work. I have to go get it handled. Go get ready for bed and I shouldn't be more than an hour, two hours tops. I have books you can read. I just have to get into my uniform and I have to go." I nod as he starts rushing around the house.

When he finally emerges from his room in his camouflage, he finishes lacing up his boots and grabs his keys.

"What's the situation?" I call out before he can leave.

"If I told you I'd have to kill you." Matt answers back with a grin and a wink.

I roll my eyes but can't help but laugh, "him and his military jokes." I mumble to myself as I get up and get ready for bed.

**four hours later**

I wake up to a kiss getting laid on my forehead. I slowly open my eyes, "Matt? Is that you?" I whisper.

"Yeah I just got home." He responds back over the rustle of clothing.

I lift my eyes to the alarm clock. "Matt it's past one. Is everything okay?" I turn around to see him get into bed shirtless in just his boxers.

"It is now." He slides over closer to me so he can wrap his arms around me. "I'm sorry," he says with a kiss on my cheek, "I'll make it up to you tomorrow." His voice is filled with regret.

"Mmmkay." I say dosing off, falling asleep to the feeling of Matt holding me and his masculine scent filling my mind.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh good night.
Finally an update!! I'm so sorry bbbuutt here it is!!

A little note: I was suffering from intense writers block. Like in all seriousness, I wanted to cry. I'm going to start posting all "notes" as messages so it only goes out to my followers, so people don't have to wonder what in the name of gravy is going on, and have to wait on an update just for me to tell them I'm a loser and can't think if anything I write.

I honestly don't think that made sense, but if you want to follow so I can keep you posted that's great, and if you don't that great too, but I don't want any "update update update" comments either.

Any other KIND comments are welcome :)!

K bye!

~QuackingDuck~