~ t h i r t y t h r e e ~

"जिंदगी से यही गिला है मुझे,
तू बहुत देर से मिला है मुझे!"

"Woah!!! What a golden day today, Malhotra Men's in the kitchen preparing food?" Malhotra men's - Yash, Raj, Arijit and Manik looked at the threshold of kitchen to saw Malhotra ladies- Damini, Nyonika and Mrunal, standing there with an impressed face.

"Yes Ladies. Today it's a break for you all. Sunday's special lunch is on Malhotra men's. What say boys?" The other three 'boys' nodded their heads in yes at Yash and gave a smile to ladies.

"Well, I hope we get good food only." Raj glared playfully at Nyonika who grinned sheepishly.

"You don't worry Mom, you'll end up licking your fingers." Mrunal raised her brows at the confidence of her husband.

"Yepp!! Don't underestimate the power of Malhotra's."

"Very good Manik."

"Thank you dad." Manik bowed down saying thank you. All the ladies chuckled at the drama.

"Ok now you ladies, Out! You are disturbing us." The ladies made a haww face hearing Yash but stomped out of the kitchen leaving the men to deal with kitchen.

"Bhai, do one thing, throw this tomato in air, I'll chop it in the air only."

"Seriously Mann?"

"Kidding Bro. Don't throw the tomato, throw this cucumber." Arijit smacked Manik's head playfully making him huff.

Raj and Yash just smiled at the banter of the brothers. They were happy seeing the love these brothers share. They never have to teach Manik, to respect his brother and neither had to make Arijit understand to love and pamper his younger brother. It was all natural. They were each other shield since childhood.

"Dad you remember, you told me once that why you learned cooking and made me learn it too?" Yash glared at Raj to bring this topic up in front of his grandsons while Raj smirked.

"Hey, tell us too naa Dadu." Yash frowned and looked at Arijit and then Manik who were looking at him with inquisitive look. He again glared at Raj before stirring the vegetable curry and looked at his boys.

"Well!! It was due to your grandmother."

"Don't tell me Dadu, that Grandma put this condition in front of you before marrying."

"Only if!! It was after our marriage. On the next day of marriage, there is a ritual of pehli rasoi, where the newly wed daughter-in-law of the house has to cook. She was a great cool she did it well . But then when we went to her house for pagphera ritual, I was asked to cook and do the first rasoi ritual in my in-laws' house. And I didn't even knew the C of cooking, and end up making burnt rotis and means of laughter for my wife. So, after that I leaned cooking too and made Raj and then you both learn too."

Manik and Arijit ends up laughing at his misery years back and Raj too giggled. It was always fun to see his father getting teased by his mother. With these chit and chats the men prepared a good and delicious lunch for the ladies, which everyone enjoyed with more laughters and fun at the dining table. But the laughters died when Yash asked something from Manik and everyone saw his smile disappearing.