~ f o r t y f i v e ~

The response is again decreasing *pouts*

Next update won't be before 25K votes overall *huffed*

Ps- Long update, 4.5k+ words, leave good response:)

Pps- Thank you for 200K+ views!!

---💌---

"kisi or ka khayal aaya he nahin,

maine ek shakhs ko jab chaha toh phir hadd kardi."

"That's for all. We are done with the syllabus and now you should start preparing for your exams next month. All the best class." Nandini stood up as the professor went out of the class. Students started moving out and she too made her way out. Today was a hectic day for her as she had to attend back to back classes without a break. And now, when all classes were over she finally made her way to canteen to have her lunch as she was feeling hungry. Taking her usual seat on one seater in the corner she fished out her lunch box from bag and started eating.

Her eyes roamed around and settled on a table which was empty. Her brows ceased and she felt something stirring in her heart. It's been three days she saw him. The last she saw him, was, when he dropped her at home.

She frowned remembering that evening. His tensed and lost face worried her. That evening, he wasn't his usual self. He never spoke a word except for those three words when he dropped her at her doorstep.

Take Care Nandini. Those were the only words he spoke and after that, she neither saw him nor his friends. Nandini would be lying to herself if she say that she doesn't care. Because her mind would always remain busy with his thoughts.

Sighing in frustration, Nandini closed the tiffin box without completing her lunch and stood up taking her bag.

She should be happy that now Manik is away from her, her brain argued and she nodded but her heart didn't.

She looked at her hand where she could still feel the warmth of his hand enclosed together. Her heart reacted in it's own way and she rubbed it from above her chest.

Trying to neglect down the battle between her heart and her mind, she came to the bus stop near her college and soon took the bus and luckily got a seat. She looked out of the window lost in her thoughts.

Leaning back her head to the seat, Nandini closed her eyes feeling tired. She is tired fighting. She is tired of running away. She is tired of trying to handle it all. She is exhausted of trying to keep her life in her control which would always slip off her hand. She is exhausted of her life to be exact.

For once, for once she wants to let it all loose. For once she wants to hide herself from everything. For once she wants to smile, giggle, laugh freely. For once, she wants to hide herself in her safe heaven. For Once! Is it too much to wish, she wondered.

For once, she wished to let herself loose, to leave herself alone, to finally feel that she has punished herself enough -- for all the sins that maybe she never did.

Nandini jerked back out of her thoughts as she heard the conductor calling out for her stop. She sat straight and stood up to descend down the bus and walked to her cafe.

The bell chimed as she opened the door, but her face morphed the look of confusion as she saw chaos in the cafe. And what confused her more, was that it wasn't due to customers but some workers. She walked to the counter where Amba was sitting instructing something to the workers.