~ f i f t y f o u r ~

Vote, Comment and Share:)

--

wo meri mann pasand kitab ka
mann pasand kissa hai,
wo meri na pasand zindagi ka
mann pasand hissa hai!

--

Ishita entered in Nandini's room after putting Anahita for a nap. She was worried after knowing that the three men were Nandini's brothers and now they are back. She knows how much ever strong Nandini shows she is, but she is emotionally too weak, especially after the events happening in last two days. And it had already been and hour and a half since they were inside.

But when she peeked inside the room, she was surprised. Inside the room she saw, Nandini was sleeping on the bed with her head on the lap of one of the man, who had blue eyes. While one with long hair had her legs on his lap and the third one was sitting beside her holding her hand in his. They three were looking at her like they were absorbing her presence. Ishita also noticed three girls sitting on the sofa whose arrival she was unknown of.

Inside the room, Anika's gaze fell on Ishita who was standing outside and she stood up making Gauri and Bhavya too look at the door. Anika smiled at Ishita and asked her to come in.

"Namastey Aunty, we are Nandini's Bhabhi." Ishita gave a faint smile to Gauri as she introduced everyone. She looked at the three brothers who were now looking at her with respect in their eyes. She then looked at Nandini who was sleeping peacefully as if she felt safe, safe in her brothers' arms.

"Thank You." Ishita frowned and looked at Rudra confusingly which Omkara cleared.

"For taking care of our life." Ishita shook her head and looked at Nandini lovingly.

"She is my daughter. She filled the void in my heart. She and Anahita are my life too." Anika, Gauri and Bhavya smiled hearing that and Goenka brothers looked at her with respect shining in their eyes.

"Ana- Anahita?" Shivay's voice had longing and guilt which Ishita understood but didn't point out.

"She is sleeping." He nodded and again looked at his sister who was sleeping. Bending down he kissed her temple lovingly.

Ishita too looked at him and then at Nandini with a small smile. She prayed to god and wishes for Nandini's happiness.

"Aunty," Ishita looked at Anika when she called and nodded while Anika continued, "Where did you find Nandini?"

At Anika's question everyone attention went to Ishita and they felt fear in their body as they saw the smile on Ishita's face flattening.

"I- I found her when she was seven months pregnant with Anahita."

They all were looking at Ishita and Ishita was looking at Nandini as if remembering the day when she found Nandini.

"I was in Ahemdabad, for a seminar. The residential house we were staying in, was across the highway. On the lane, there lived homeless people, who used to beg during the day and would sleep there on the path at the night. That's where I saw her, the young girl with a baby in her womb struggling to live."

Shivay fisted the bedsheet in a tight grip, Omkara shut his eyes close tightly as if even hearing this was giving him pain, which was true and Rudra's eyes turned red. They kept looking at Ishita on one hand wanting her to not say anything else but at the same time wanting to know the hardships their sister went through.

"I noticed. For days. I noticed that-- people there would beg for money, but this girl won't. Instead, she used to wash utensils in the nearby dhaba and earn a little. I noticed that how aloof she was. I noticed that how those beggars living would snatch some part of her money and she would not protest as if she had just accepted whatever was happening. I noticed how she would not sleep at night as if she wanted to stay alert. I noticed everything from afar."