~ f i f t y s e v e n ~

Key to next chapter -- Votes and Comments!!

aye zindagi, apne zulm dekh
aur meri Umar dekh!!

"Chin up Kiddo, they'd kill to see you fall."

Shivay tucked Nandini's chin up and she looked at him with many emotions floating in her eyes, fear overpowering everything. She then looked at her other two brothers who were also standing in front of her, shielding her.

"If you don't want to do it, you don't have to." Omkara whispered out while soothing her by caressing her head.

Nandini closed her eyes and Manik's gave flashed in front of her eyes and taking a deep breath she opened her eyes with a determination.

"I want to do this."

Her brothers looked at her for a few moments before smiling at her and coming beside her and now she was standing directly in front of Malhotra Mansion's gate.

This early morning when the three brothers were woke up by their sister as they were sleeping in the living area, they were tensed. The first thing they saw after waking up was their sister's tear stricken face. They were worried for her but before they could ask her anything she stunned them by saying that, she wants to meet Manik's family and Senior Goenka's.

And although they were and still are afraid of things happening there, the determination in her eyes forced them to do as she wished. And the promised to themselves that they won't let anyone hurt their sister now.

Nandini looked around the garden area while moving towards the main door. This house had those homey vibes, even from outside, or maybe she was just distracting herself so that she won't run away.

Not now at least, when she have come so far. She needs to do this. For her. For Manik.

Her heart started beating rapidly when Shivay rang the doorbell. She fumbled on her steps, knowing that on the other side of the door were some people who were once her family, but in reality couldn't understand the right meaning of that. And while her heart was literally not ready to face those, she struggled hard to not run away.

And then, the door was opened, she felt Shivay and Rudra holding her hand on either side and Omkara standing behind her, giving her the moral support.

When the door opened, she looked above to saw a girl of Anika's age dressed up in a simple black kurti with long black open hair, looking at them with shocked face.

"Shivay." She whispered out Shivay's name and Shivay sighed.

"Mrunal." Nandini recognised her as Manik's sister-in-law. She fiddled with her fingers and looked down, already losing half of her courage when she suddenly felt Mrunal hugging her, which shocked her.

Mrunal who was shocked to see Goenka brothers, frowned when she saw the timid girl standing in between them, but soon realisation dawned upon her and she looked at Rudra to confirm her suspicion who nodded his head in yes and Mrunal smiled before hugging Nandini.

"You're more beautiful then Manik described you." Nandini was still in daze and Mrunal broke the hug and took her hands in hers, smiling at her.

"Welcome Home Nandini." And with a gentle pull Nandini was inside the Malhotra Mansion. Mrunal took them to the inner corridor and Nandini halted in her steps when she saw a man of her brother's age walking towards them. And she knew it was Manik's brother.