{1}

"Seriously? You invited the new kid over? We have nothing in common Mom!" My mom taps me with the broomstick in a demeaning manner, and says.
"Your Dad and I are hoping to meet his parents Minho, why would we disinvite their kid who is the same age as you?" I groan annoyedly. A family just built a house next door to ours, and we haven't had neighbors in years.

"Their son's name is Jisung, he's a fine young man, you'll like him, just wait." I groan, and my Mom says.

"Don't do that. They'll be here in an hour. Go change into something not too formal but not too casual. I groan again just to spite her then trudge up the spiral staircase to my room. I scan through my closet and drawers and end up deciding on an outfit that makes me look gay as fuck which is low key the vibe I'm going for.

 I scan through my closet and drawers and end up deciding on an outfit that makes me look gay as fuck which is low key the vibe I'm going for

(The outfit, in question)

 What if they have a daughter they try to hook me up with? No thanks. I come out of my room and my mom shakes her head.

"Really? All black Minho? You're supposed to look friendly not menacing-" Shes interrupted by a knock at the door, and groans.

"Whatever, just try and act like you care." I scoff and watch as she answers the door. She greets the man and woman with hugs, and behind them a young man steps out. His short, almost mullet hairstyle is silver, and he's wearing wire frame blue light glasses. My mom gestures to me for him to introduce himself. He bows, and says.

"Hello, I'm Han Jisung. Feel free to use any nickname though, all my friends have their own for me." He laughs a little, lightening the awkwardness of meeting new people, and I smile, bowing back as I say.

"I'm Lee Minho. My friends usually call me Lee Know, but again, use whatever nickname you think of." My mom smiles at the both of us seemingly getting along, though deep down inside I am still slightly irritated at the thought of having to meet someone new.

"Why don't you two go up to Minho's room and talk for a while? Dinner won't be ready for a few." We both nod in agreement, and I lead Jisung up the spiral stairs to my room. We walk in and he marvels at the room around him.

"Wow, you have a nice room." I nod.

"I really don't get why people say that, honestly. Maybe because I keep it so clean? I don't know." I motion him to sit with me on my bed, and he says.

"So, is there much to do around here?" I shrug.

"I haven't had a real neighbor in years. All my friends live a few streets over. We really just impulsively do stupid shit until we have to go home." Jisung laughs, which makes me smile.

"I see." He says. He looks around my room, spacing out, and I look at him, taking in his features. I don't realize I'm spaced out till he laughs, waving his hand in front of my face.

"You good, man?" He asks. I groan.

"Aish, don't do that to me. I'm tired." I hit him softly, in a joking way, and laughs it off.

I hope he didn't notice the blush on my face.