Chapter 9

Abhi was so lost in his thoughts that he forgot he was driving the car.

Sidd : Abhi aage dekh truck hai

Sidd shouted. Abhi came into senses and panicked realizing the situation...the truck coming in their direction. Sidd immediately handled the steering and turned the car leftwards. Abhi put the break..and car stopped at some distance.

They heard a song....a mysterious song...full of horror.

ABHI'S POV

I was so lost in my thoughts that i didn't realised there's a truck coming from front. Sidd shouted And I came out of my thoughts but I panicked. But thank god Ashu handles the situation. We heard a mysterious song as if someone is warning us. For a few minutes I was shocked then the realization strucked...Is he safe?

Abhi : A..ashu..Ashu thik hai na tu? Kahin lagi to nhi na? I'm so sorry bhai...pta nhi kahan dhyan tha.. I'm really sorry. Tu chupp kyu h...kuch bol. Thik hai na?

And there he was watching me with disbelief. Shit Abhii...natak krna tha na ...itni kya care dikha di..

Abhi : Don't get...

Sidd : Don't get any wrong hopes Mr. Siddharth. I was scared that's why I said all that....huhh...yhi kehna tha na tujhe?

Phir se nautanki chalu janab ki. Kabhi kabhi to aisa lagta hai ye insaan mujhe mujhse jyada jaanta hai. Kya baat kar rha hai Abhi...tere Ashu tujhe nhi janega to or kon janega. But kaafi baar na ye disadvantage bhi lagta hai...kyuki iski inhi harkaton se iss prr gussa rehne me parrshaani hoti hai.

Abhi : Haan

I said with a cold voice continuing my drama. I started the car and we reached the crime scene. I was going to get out of the car when he stopped me.

Sidd : Bhai...ab to baat krle dhang se. Dekh na tu galat hai na me galat..hum dono ke point of view thik hain..

Bss yahi to dikkat hai Ashu...you are still not trying to understand my point.

Abhi : I don't want to talk about personal matters right now Mr. Malhotra. We have a lot more things to do. Chaliye investigation bhi karni hai.

I left without even waiting for his reply.

Now we are checking the roads for any proof. But I guess the kidnapper really is way too smart. Ek bhi proof nhi chora. We checked the cctv cameras..but the footage of that time of the blackout was missing. We reached her apartment and saw the condition. It was fully destroyed
..blood stains all over the floor... things scattered around. Forensics already tested the blood samples..there's only victim's blood. Agar culprit ke blood samples mil jaate to kaam easy ho jata..but obviously why would they do such a silly mistake.

I went towards the window. Suddenly I remembered what vaishnavi told me. She kept her specs on the table...went towards the window..opened it...and let the fresh air flow. And How much I know her... her eyesight is too weak. The possibility is...maybe she witnessed a murder from her window but she couldn't actually witness because of her eyesight. The murderer saw her and misinterpreted her to be the witness and came to kill her...but she was already out for grocery. Maybe then Ruhaan came and the murderer had to kill him rather than killing Vaishnavi. And I'm damn sure that cycle wala person is the culprit. But this all is just my assumption..I don't know the percentage of my possibility being true. Because we didn't get any evidence..not even the murder weapon.

Sidd : Abhi yahan to kuch bhi nhi mil rha yarr.

Abhi : Let's go back..we have to think something else.