Sex in the Shower

It's been over a week since my dad and I had tasted the lunch that Jade had made and with my father's insistence he wanted me to know what brand the luncheon meat was. I didn't see the importance of it since all luncheon meats probably tasted the same but he insisted and I couldn't say no.

Unfortunately, fate was just not on my side.

A full school week passed with no more sign of the woman, not even her shadow ghosted the school. I had asked Samantha about her mom but she said that her mom was busy and had gone to back to China a few days ago.

I couldn't help the disappointment I felt at not seeing her again, she didn't even come back for the lunch box she gave me. I suppose millionaires have those to spare; Probably hundreds of them, actually. I felt stupid for expecting her to come back for a bird-themed lunch box.

Without her help, I was forced to try out each kind of luncheon meat that I could find in the grocery. The only problem with my plan was that I didn't expect there to be so many brands of the thing.

Dozens of them lining the grocery that I couldn't get it all in one go. The first batch I bought were all the well-known brands, Spam, Tulip, Purefoods, Ma Ling, Ligo, Swift; but none tasted like the one Jade had cooked. I had luncheon meat everyday for lunch for the whole week and was about ready to throw in the towel when my father sent me a text saying how excited he was to taste the food again.

So here I am a week and a half later, with a bag of groceries in one arm and Miggy on my other side. "Miggy, come on. Don't throw a tantrum right now, please?" I plead when he stops for the nth time to simply sit in the middle of the sidewalk. He had been moody ever since his other mom had finally gotten all her stuff out of the apartment and I couldn't help but feel like he was missing her.

Wila managed to get all her stuff out of my apartment in only three trips. Two trips for her clothes and a third to get the rest of her things. Thankfully she had scheduled these trips whenever I wasn't home to avoid another confrontation.

When all her things were gone, I felt that it had left a hole in it's place.

Like I was looking at a picture that was incomplete.

"That's normal." Batchi had told me that first night without Wila's things. "You two were inseparable for months and you were going to propose. A bit of whiplash is expected."

Grieving a broken heart between teaching children and taking care of an old man wasn't easy but somehow it was manageable. Thankfully, the crying hadn't been as bad as I expected and although there were night where my only companion would be a bottle of red wine, or tequila on bad nights, I managed to get up every morning, go to work, laugh with the kids, care for the shop and my father.

The kids at school help a lot too. Whenever they saw me, they'd be so excited and would retain the excitement through each class that we had.

Never faltering.

Never wavering.

Just pure excitement, energy and familiarity with the kids.