Bathroom Confessions

I tap the pen rapidly against the thick clearbook in front of me as I listened to the woman on the other end of the line, taking down notes and making revisions whenever needed while she chatted away. After a breath, Lauren enters the office with more paperwork in one hand and a large cup of coffee in the other, "I figured you'd need this. You started pretty early." She whispers before placing the drink on top of the panda coaster on my table.

Placing the call on mute I smile and take the cup. Taking a quick sip and humming in delight as the warm liquid flows down my throat. "Thank you. You're an angel." I say with a playful wink before unmuting the call so I could answer, "Yes, Ms. Palma, I've already made the arrangements to provide wardrobe for those who won't be adhering to the theme."
Lauren shrugs happily then takes a sip of my drink, "I'll need to have these signed, lady boss."
I roll my eyes playfully and nod, prompting her to place the papers beside the clearbook. "We have copies of My Fair Lady and Breakfast at Tiffany's that we'll be showing through the projectors. By the way, I'll need to set a meeting with you and my partner so we can finalize table design and color schemes."
"Partner, huh?" Lauren teases, her hands sliding up my arm and towards my shoulders where her fingers dig firmly into my tense muscles.
A soft moan escapes me but I cover it with a cough, "Yes, Wednesday sounds good. 70's Bistro? Alright. I'll have my partner confirm it with you within the day... You're welcome... Thank you again, Ms. Palma. Have a good day. Bye."

I feel Lauren's arm wrapping slowly around my neck, her hands sliding over my chest so she could cross her arms just over my breasts, "Partner?" she asks again and I could almost hear the teasing smile on her lips.
"You know what I mean." I huff, patting her arm before placing a soft kiss on it; leaving lipstick lips on the skin.
"Business partners, right?" Lauren whines while her grip around me loosens.
"Right."
"Still the honorable Althea I met all those months ago." She complains before pulling away and heading into the kitchen, "I mean I get that you don't want me to be a rebound but you have to know that it kills me to know that you're sleeping with, like, a different woman every weekend, right?"

An exasperated sigh passes my lips and I drop my head in shame, knowing full well how much my... activities... affected Lauren, but I steeled myself in the knowledge that I would rather hurt her with the truth than lie to her; something Jade had painfully taught me.

"Lauren.. " I say quietly before standing from my seat and following her into the kitchen. I find her leaning against the counter with her arms crossed tightly in front of her chest, a dejected look on her face. "We talked about this..."
"I know." She whines without meeting my gaze. "I'm just hoping that one day soon you'll snap out of this phase. It can't be healthy; emotionally or physically."
"I'm hoping for that too." I reply before taking her hands in mine and looking up at her, "which is why I'm moving back to the farm. My Pa needs me and I need to be... not here."
Lauren nods and gives me a tight smile, "you'll have internet though, right? I can't run this place without you and I doubt Batchi's going to like it if she comes back from vacation with a business that's in shambles."
"I skype with my caretakers every week. Don't worry, we have internet there; slow but present. Plus we have Ms. Palma's event coming up in a month and that fancy reunion with all the celebrities."
That answer seems to satisfy Lauren because she immediately perks up and claps her hands happily, "That's right! I've been swamped with the debut that I completely forgot! See? I told you, all that crap with the Tanchingco's just meant that better things were coming!" she yelps excitedly and I try my best to hide the way my jaw clenches at the mention of that name. "Oh that reminds me, I'll have to talk to Lance about logistics. I'll be back in time for lunch." she adds and she was out the door before I could answer.

Her words causes a rather unpleasant memory to flash behind my eyes, a memory I had buried along with any feelings for Jade.

"I know you're not really in the mood but we have a problem." Batchi's voice pierces through the fog in my head caused by the alcohol in my bloodstream. She appears beside me then flicks her fingers at me, sprinkling me with what I hope was water.
"It's n-not like--like I don't have enough pr-problems to deal with. W-What is it this ti-time?"
Batchi sighs and asks for a glass of water from Eddie, handing it to me before speaking. "Drink."
I huff but do as she says, gulping down the tasteless liquid until the glass was half empty.