Chapter 1- the Norwegian devil

My left leg anxiously bounced up and down, anticipating the call from Kim little to begin lining up in the tunnel. My shinpad clang for dear life onto my already sweat soaked left leg as I was trapped within my thoughts. I was brought to my senses by a certain bouncy English blonde, "Ida, penny for your thoughts?", Beth Mead sat beside me on the dressing room bench. Before I could respond, a raucous whistle deafened me. "Kim, do you really have to do that EVERY TIME?" Steph Catley moaned, tying up the laces of her boots. Kim only responded by rolling her eyes before yelling, "COME ON GIRLS LETS DO THIS!"

As I walked out, proudly wearing the red jersey of Arsenal, I couldn't help but smile at the warm welcome the dedicated gunners gave us. I had never seen the emirates this full before. We would need this atmosphere to get us through the match for sure, I thought, as I stole my first glance at the clashing blue of the Chelsea kits.

It was the 60th minute and we were up 1-0 after my tidy assist to Alessia Russo which resulted in a simple tap-in. I had been playing in my normal left-back position, however if needed me and Katie Mccabe could alternate between my position and left wing. Chelsea was frustrated, which was clear to see through rash decisions and clumsy passes which were easily intercepted. It had been a dominant performance for us overall, we should have been up by more. For me, it had been a basic performance with unusually not much to do other than send a few balls to our midfield. However, on this occasion a threat was near, Guro Reiten. She had always been a player I had looked up to, amazed by her skill and control especially as I was still waiting to be called up to the Norway national team for the first time. I was hoping this season would be the one to win over manager, Hege Riise. I was surprised, Reiten had been put on the right as she was normally a left winger, but it was probably to try to put us off. Anyway, she started darting towards me, the ball almost effortlessly glued to her foot, I kept my eye on it, ready to pounce. From watching her previously, I knew she was looking to whip in a cross and I wasn't going to let that happen. Time stood still as I began to slide-tackle her perfectly, tapping the ball to Frida Maanum who was lurking to my right. Post-tackle, Reiten fell on me, winding me in the stomach. But she wouldn't get up straight away and I was left helplessly trapped beneath her watching my team begin a counterattack. In frustration, I used my body to push her forwards off me, and she pathetically began rolling on the floor shouting fake screams of pain. "Faen deg" (Fuck you) she gasped at me, and I was taken aback, "Ikke tør å snakke slik til meg" (Don't you dare speak to me like that) I aggressively responded. Now it was her turn to be shocked and I smirked, realizing she must not have known I was from her country. Suddenly, she leapt of the ground and pushed my shoulders back, whispering harshly, "I can speak to you however I want when you try to injure me." Before I could respond, I felt firm hands around my waist pulling me back and I turned to see Leah Williamson shaking her head at me. The ref sprinted over, and I started to try to reason with her, but she wouldn't listen. A glint of red caught my eye as she flashed us both the card, " You." she said pointing at me, "For pushing her onto the floor" and then she turned to Reiten, "And you for pushing her shoulders". I couldn't believe it and I began to laugh at the stupidity of it, I never pushed her on the floor? My team all looked at me, disappointment clouding their expressions. But I rolled my eyes and refused to let out any tears as I began to stride to the tunnel, distancing myself from Reiten. However, before I entered the dressing room our eyes met, and we could only see pure hate for each other. That was the day I nicknamed her the Norwegian devil.

Author's note

This is my first ever story on here so I'm soooo sorry if it's not great but please lmk on what I can improve on

Also I am not Norwegian so I'm also sorry if the translation is wrong!!!

I'm really excited for this book as I was inspired by there being a lack of good Guro Reiten fanfictionnnn so I hope this delivers for y'all

Please comment I wanna talk to you guys :)