Chapter 16- misunderstanding

"It's not what it looks like..." I scrambled away from Kyra and clambered over the sofa trying to judge the expression on Guro's face. She was standing in the pouring rain outside my flat, her jumper (which was evidently mine) soaked through and joggers heavy from the wetness, but she still didn't move. I took matters into my own hands, and I pulled her in abruptly, worried she'd catch a cold. The door slammed behind us, and I was now trapped in a room with Kyra and Guro. "Guro..." I said, trying to join her hand with mine but she pulled away sharply.

"Do you know what it looks like?" She finally announced, her Norwegian accent becoming more obvious the angrier she got. I looked down at the floor nervously, "It just looks like you were cheating on me." She spat, glancing over at Kyra with a disgusted face.

Kyra's eyes went wide, and she leapt up, hands in the air as if she was being questioned by the police, "I didn't know you guys were a thing, I'm sorry."

Guro laughed softly, but not in a good way, "Must have slipped your mind Ida?" she asked passively aggressively, as she threw the bags, she was holding onto the floor to which I flinched at the sound.

"I'm going to go." Kyra interrupted, frantically getting all her things together. Guro nodded at her statement and watched her leave without another word. Now it was just us. Me and Guro. The silence was deafening and for once between us, it was awkward.

"What the actual fuck Ida?" she yelled, wiping her hands across her face. She started pacing around the living room, trying to collect and make sense of her thoughts. I ran over to her and grabbed her shoulders bringing her to a hault

"I honestly did not even know she would kiss me. Now I think about it, I can see the signs that I was too stupid enough to notice." I began to plead with her, attempting to make eye contact but she avoided it.

"Did I do something wrong?" her voice fell softly and for the first time, tears formed in her eyes, "I was nothing but there for you at camp. Shit, I even quit the national team to be here right now with you.... then I come back and find you kissing some girl." Her voice rose at the end, and she continued, not letting me desperately speak, "We're over Ida. I don't want a cheater as a girlfriend."

My whole body went into panic mode and tears came streaming down my face as I clung onto her body, as she began to pick up her bags and leave the flat. "Please Guro... you don't understand." I cried as she turned to face me one last time in the doorway.

"I think I do." were her final words before the door slammed in my face. Signalling the end of our relationship.

It had been 2 whole weeks since that night. 2 whole weeks of not speaking to her and not even seeing her. I had solely been focusing on football at Arsenal to keep my mind from drifting to her and that god damn gorgeous face. I can't believe I had been so fucking stupid... I should have seen it coming. However, some part of me was furious that she wouldn't hear me out. How can we be in a relationship if she wouldn't listen to me. No wait, that's right... we weren't in a relationship anymore. My focus on the game had honestly made me improve so much as a player and even Jonas had picked up on my skill gain. As a result, of our hard work and dedication as a team we managed to climb ahead of Chelsea at the business end of the season in the WSL. This little triumph made me very happy, for some reason.

"Hey Ida." Leah Williamson came up to me at the end of the training session as we were walking back to the club, "You were like phenomenal on the pitch today." She laughed as she sipped her drink.

"Thanks Leah, just want to focus on football right now." I gave a smile of gratitude through gritted teeth, and she immediately understood. After all everyone here had heard about the breakup with Guro, and everyone here seemed to be walking on eggshells around me and I had enough.

"Are you going to be okay next game?" she asked, bringing me out of my thoughts. I gave her a puzzled look before everything clicked. "Shit." I whispered underneath my breath, knuckles going white from clenching my water bottle too hard.

Leah put her arm around me to calm me down, "You didn't know?" she questioned, shocked. I shook my head. How could I forget.... Chelsea was our next game which only meant one thing. Me and Guro were facing off, again.

With a nasty taste in my mouth, I slammed into the locker room where everyone had fallen silent on my arrival. I chose to ignore this and went to my corner, aggressively taking off my boots and throwing them into my bag. Eventually the chatter started again, and I gave a sigh of relief, wiping a tear from my eye.

"Guys, I have news." Jonas entered the changing rooms with a huge smile on his face. I perked up and turned around, my teammates doing also. "We have a new signing." he exclaimed to which everyone shared confused looks with each other, the window wasn't even open yet and usually we were pre warned with rumors of the transfers. I sat down on the bench, my attention now fully caught.

"Please welcome...." He started, earning a drumroll from Meado, "Our new midfield prowess...... Kyra Cooney cross!"

This seriously couldn't be happening.

A/N:

Sorry I did this to y'all

I know this book is about Guro but like, will they actually get back together or will Kyra have finally caught her eye?

I mean whooooo knowsss