Chapter 6- it all went black

My head was banging when I woke up and I could barely remember what I did last night. Did I do something stupid? I reached blindly onto my bedside table and felt my hand grasp around a box. It was painkillers. Guro must have left them there for me, that's.... nice. God what was wrong with me, I hate her. Speaking of the devil, she opened the bathroom door, wet hair settling on her shoulders and sporting a sports bra and some baggy shorts. "Good you awake, I wanted to just say I'm sorry about your dad." She said cautiously, as if she had been thinking about saying this for a while. I nearly choked on the tablet I was swallowing, and my eyes went wide, "I told you. What was I thinking?". Guro shook her head, placing the damp towel on the laundry pile. "No It's okay. I know its weird and stuff, but can I give you a hug?". I can't believe she asked me that. Guro Reiten my arch nemesis wants a hug from me? Fuck it. I got out of bed and wrapped my arms around her, feeling some comfort in her arms. She gently stroked my back, sending odd shivers down my spine. I tucked my head into her neck for extra touch and we stood like that for what felt like several minutes. She coughed awkwardly and pulled away and I must have been imagining a blemish of pink on her cheeks. "I'll see you on the coach. Don't get me in trouble again" she snarked which brought me back to reality. She doesn't like me and just because we hugged doesn't mean I like her.

It was coming up to half time and so far, Norway had been playing well. After a clear-cut opportunity set up by Rieten to Hegerberg we should have been up, it was unfortunate that Ona battle is one of the best defenders in the world. I had been playing a good game, stopping Putellas from unleashing her shot and attempting to mark Bonmati out of the game. I was doing exactly was Riise had ordered me to as I was keen to please her and make up for what happened. I received the ball from Mjelde, and I saw an opportunity on the left wing, glancing up at the clock I saw we had only a minute added time, one little run wouldn't harm right? I started rapidly dribbling up the line, megging Abelleira as I went, earning a deserved "oooo" from the crowd. I had got further than I expected, approaching the final third, I searched the box and saw Hegerberg desperately calling for a cross. I played the foot onto my left and readied myself to send in a cross. Then I saw black.

The crowd's noise of anger rang in my ears as I woke up to blurry vision. I couldn't remember what happened yet alone who tackled me. I felt my sweaty palms in someone's hand and looked up groggily at my best friend, "Hansen, what the hell happened?" I murmured, unable to speak properly. "Battle took you out, I think... I think you passed out." Hansen stated, looking into my dazzled eyes. I sighed with relief when she didn't say I had broken anything. "But someone is really putting up a fight for her to get sent off." she giggled almost with disbelief. I lifted my head slightly to see my very own Norwegian devil arguing with the referee. I listened closely, "She hurt her, she could of fucking seriously injured her and you're saying she only gets a yellow for that, are you crazy?" Guro yelled. It was surprising how loud a voice someone could have for such a little person. That's a good one, I'll tease her about that later. However, I found myself grinning at her anger and defending me. It was kind of sweet. "Can you get up?" Hansen asked, turning my head towards her. "I don't think so my head is still spinning." I answered as Hansen brushed a strand of hair out of my eyes and signaled a stretcher. "You'll be okay I promise, I love you lots!" she exclaimed as she was barged out of the way by the medical staff. "I love you too." I whispered back.

I lay helpless in the medical bay in the stadium as I watched Norway get beaten 2-0 in the second half. It was especially frustrating as all the assists came from the right wingers, the position I was supposed to mark. I was feeling a lot better, and the doctors had said I would more than likely be able to play the friendly against England, they had to take me off because it was a head injury which was understandable but still annoying. I sipped my water as someone came bombing through the medical door, "Ida, are you okay... have you broken anything do you have brain injury do you-" I interrupted before Guro could finish, "I'm fine I promise, it was just a precaution." I gently replied and Reiten's shoulders eased. "So, you can play next match?" she questioned, and I nodded. "Since when do you care about me that much?" I laughed attempting to tease her. She rolled her eyes but still looked flustered, "Uhm... Like, I just want the team to win and your one of our best players" She finally concluded, and I chuckled, "You think I'm one of the best, how cute." I commented poking her side to which she turned towards the door, "Shut up." 

A/N:

Wasn't much Guro content but I'm defo excited they're talking more and not exchanging just teasing glaresssss

Fr they need to shut up n get together already