Chapter 20- Devotion

Two years later

"Guro!" I yelled up the stairs, "Breakfast is ready."

Since the Christmas vacation, everything had gone by in a whirlwind. The argument/ separation had only made me and Guro's bond and devotion for each other stronger, and my god we were now a force to be reckoned with.

I finished the season at Arsenal, managing to bring home the league title in front of a screaming sell-out crowd of the Emirates, finally fulfilling the gooner WSL dream that had last been achieved in the 2018/19 season. However, for me it wasn't the trophy lift that was the best bit...

ARSENAL. CHAMPIONS ONCE AGAIN. DESPITE THE ODDS AND INJURIES STACKED AGAINST THEM. THEY ARE VICTORIOUS. I fell to my knees in disbelief as the final whistle blew, we had done it, only on goal difference, but we had done it. I ran my fingers through my hair in an overwhelming sense of pride towards the badge and in myself. Tears streamed down my face as I glanced at the stands, erupting in a volcano of red and white, noting my expression mirrored on hundreds of loyal fans who had turned up to every game, no matter the score, distance or weather. I stood up, worried my weak legs would give way, before I embraced by a very emotional Kyra who wrapped her arms tight around me. "WE FUCKING DID IT IDA." She yelled, as she pulled away. I smiled back at her, unable to speak, knowing I would only choke on my tears. I watched her run back off to the Aussie girls, leaving me alone once again.

"Ida." a voice from behind me, made me jump a little before I recognized it to be the one belonging to my girl. "Guro?" I whispered puzzled, "You came?". She nodded, beaming, and used her strength to lift me into the air so I could wrap my legs around her waist. "But the fans..." I started, indicating to the millions of people dancing and waving striped scarves around in celebration. "I've had enough hiding.." were her last words before drowning me in a deep passionate kiss. Eventually, we parted and she placed me back down on the floor. "I'm so sorry. We beat you guys to the title." I mumbled, interlocking our brown eyes in a sympathetic way. She placed her warm palms either side of my rosy face and gave my cheeks a squeeze, "Don't apologize my love, you deserve it." She twirled two brown strands of my locks around her finger before she noticed Jonas calling me over for the trophy ceremony, "Now go, enjoy it, don't worry about me." With another quick kiss, I turned and sprinted over to the stage. As we lined up I felt Frida's whisper in my ear, "She hates Arsenal with a passion, I'm surprised she's here." I glanced back at Guro, stood near the tunnel with her arms crossed. She noticed me staring and rolled her eyes playfully but not before giving a small wink, enough to send my heart into overdrive. I turned back to Frida with a smirk,

"But she can't hate the girl who plays in red."

The world exploded after the kiss we shared. Fanfiction and edits rose through the roof for starters, but so did our followers. It turns out that two lesbians who are out about their love whilst playing football, is in popular demand. Who knew?

After many many more sleepovers together and noise complaints from Katie, she finally suggested the idea of getting a place together. At first, it seemed scary, I had never had fears of commitment or anything before but this was a huge step. But after one look at the eager face and dilated eyes of Guro, all my fears disappeared.

It took a few weeks to find an apartment, that was the suitable distance from both the Arsenal and Chelsea training facilities and had a beautiful enough view that we could spend every night on the balcony....

"It's perfect." Guro sighed as she sat on a bunch of uncomfortable looking unpacked boxes, situated in the corner of what would be our living room. I smiled and looked out the window, down at the illuminated spectacles of light of neighboring apartment blocks and honking cars, contrasting the peaceful shade of black that encased the night sky. Guro's arms snaked around my waist as she hugged me from behind, inhaling my perfume and smell of the new shampoo I had been using. Peppering kisses along my neck, her hand travelled down my body, slipping into the waistband of my joggers and teasing the hem of my pants. I laughed and pulled her hand out, "Maybe later darling." Guro rolled her eyes but kissed my cheek,

"Wine?" She suggested, and I raised my eyebrow amused, "So we have barely unpacked anything but you managed to grab the wine bottles." She strode into the kitchen with a happy swagger, "Well, it was on my top priority list." She opened the wine and poured a generous amount into two identical, polished glasses before handing one to me. "Thanks baby." I accepted it graciously and took a sip, "Let's head out on the balcony.". Following me, we opened the sliding door to reach the balcony, lined with firm black railing to create an appealing mix of safety and freedom, as the sound of bustle from below, travelled up to my ears in gusts of soothing wind. I leaned over, watching the cars travel by, so small that they appeared like the ones we played with as kids. The feeling I got was indescribable. I wanted to live in this moment forever, watching the world go by with Guro by my side. "You ever thought about kids?" Guro suddenly asked, sipping her own drink. I paused, a smile stitched onto my face, "Ever since I was little I wanted to be a mother." I answered truthfully. She put her glass on the small patio table and walked over to me, "You ever thought about having a family with me?" I slung my arms over her shoulder as she took my glass a placed it beside hers, "All the time." I managed to mumble, through small intimate kisses. Guro grabbed my waist, causing me to gasp, "Let's go make one now." My eyes widened before I realized what she meant and I licked my lips. "We can try."

"Pancakes... thanks my love." Guro, exclaimed as she finally climbed down our penthouse stairs. I slid the saucepan so the pancake would slip out perfectly, "Voila." I presented it to her and she gave me a clap of approval, "Your finest work so far." She giggled, reminding me about how usually shit I am at cooking. "Well, I wanted to impress you, since you always cook for me." I kissed her shoulder and sat beside her, decorating my own one, with raspberries and sugar. "Well eat up, you're going to need an appetite for today." She said, her mouth full, "We're going abroad."

A/N:

It's been a long time coming.