Chapter 11- First date

"I'll get it!" I yelled into the living room as I added the finishing touches to my outfit. The only thing Guro had told me was to dress comfortable, so I was just wearing an oversized jumper over a pair of baggy jeans. I also put in my favorite pair of crystal earrings, the ones that my dad had bought me for my 14th birthday. This memory placed a smile on my face, but so did the prospect of the girl I would open the door too, as I skidded along the wooden floors of our hallway. Taking a final glance in the mirror, I swung open the door excitedly and a pair of gorgeous hazel eyes met mine. "Hi." she said smoothly, bringing a blush across my cheeks. God I was such a simp. "Hi, come in." I replied hesitantly taking the bouquet of flowers she was holding. They were a beautiful bunch of red roses, clearly showing her romantic side I adored so much, "These are so lovely, you didn't have to buy me anything." I laughed, placing them onto the side and wrapping my arms around her. "Well, I wanted to." she hummed into my ear, stroking my back as I buried my head into her nike jumper. Just like our first hug at the Norway camp. That seemed like ages ago now.

I grabbed her hand and dragged her into the living room, heading for the bedroom when I stopped straight in my tracks. "Missus would you like to introduce us?" Katie voice echoed, as I completely forgot she was sat on the couch with Caitlin Foord. "Oh sorry, you've met before though right. This is Guro, my...friend." I replied innocently, dropping her hand quicker than a bullet could be fired from a gun. I could sense the disappointed expression upon Guro's face, but I shrugged it off, she would understand. "Your...friend bought you roses?" Caitlin giggled, spotting them on the sideboard. "Yeah, I got them for free from some man on the way here. "Guro's voice cracked as she lied, and I felt a huge pang of relief wash over me. We hadn't been caught, yet. Once we got the nod of approval from them, I headed sheepishly to my room, Guro following but not before she whispered in my ear, "We're just friends?"

We spent only an hour in my room, cuddling and listening to the songs of the birds perched on the birdfeeder outside my window. If I died right now, I would be happy. "We need to go." Guro stated, breaking the peace as she looked at her phone. I blushed shyly as I saw the lock screen of her kissing my cheek when I scored the equalizer against England. "Wait. I need to do something first." I answered, suddenly feeling a surge of confidence. Curiously, Guro followed me out back to where Caitlin and Katie were watching a movie. "Guys." I coughed, interrupting their sensual moment. Sighing, Katie paused the movie and they both turned to look at me, expectingly. "You know Guro.." I started and I felt her hand placed around my back, knowing what I was trying to say. This gave me some comfort as I continued, "Well, we are kind of more than friends.... not girlfriends but like you know. " I awkwardly stuttered, watching as both of my arsenal girls approached me and brought me into a giant group hug, Guro included. "Thanks for telling us. We promise we won't tell anyone else." Caitlin smiled, stroking a tear from my cheek away. I laughed and Guro put her arm around my shoulders, kissing the side of my head proudly. "Gowan get going lovebirds." Katie said, shooing us out the door, "And no funny business in this apartment."

We walked through the unusually quiet town, side-by-side, as I tried to squeeze more information out of her. "Is it an inside or outside thing?" I quizzed her, playfully bumping into her side. "My lips are sealed." Guro smirked, bumping me back. "Your soooo annoying." I empathized running my hands through my hair as we walked past the front of popular shops. "That's no way to talk about the person who is taking you on the perfect date." she teased, and I stuck out my tongue. Her hand brushed against mine as we strode along, and I felt her fingers try to entangle in mine. I gulped and flinched away when a group of men came around the corner raucously. "Not yet. I'm sorry." I whispered, tears in my eyes. Guro gave me a quick friendly side-hug and hummed back, "Don't apologize."

We turned into a vast space of green, littered with patches of an array of wildflowers. The park almost looked like a painting, too good to be true. But it was true, here I was, In the most perfect place with the most perfect person. It was almost poetic. We waded through the long grass and reached a steep hill where I put my hands on my hips and laughed, "I don't think I have the energy for that." Guro chuckled and motioned for me to get on her back. Disbelieving, I jumped on but was shocked when I realized she was fully capable of carrying my weight. She was incredibly strong for such a small person, and I could feel her muscly biceps through her jumpers which I found very attractive. She started slowly ascending the hill before picking up the speed and practically sprinting up the rest of it. I clung on for dear life and my hair whipped behind me in the wind, just like you see in the movies.

We reached the top, and I saw the most magical thing. It was a picnic blanket, layed out carefully on the grassy top, full to the brim of all my favorite food I vaguely remembered telling Guro about a few weeks back. I couldn't believe she remembered that. There were so many options, from avocado on toast to cheesecake and pasta bowls. My mouth watered but so did my eyes, "Thank you so much. Nobody has ever done something like this for me before." I cried as Guro embraced me into her comforting arms, brushing a strand of hair out of my eyes. "You deserve it." she muttered, hushing my tears before pulling away and giving me a quick peck on my lips, aware I feared public affection. We then settled down, cross-legged on the floor and began tucking into our feast, sharing our memories of first impressions of each other. Neither of them was good. If I had known a year ago, I would be on a date with Reiten, I would have probably thrown up.

After our bellies were full and eyes sleepy, I layed on her lap as she played with my hair soothingly, watching the stunning sunset. The yellow and pink molded into one creating the most beautiful illusion. I know I have said it a lot, but it was perfect. She gave me a firm and loving kiss on my forehead before stuttering, "Ida, I really like you. I want to be something more, something definite. Will you be my girlfriend?" I sat up and gazed into her eyes, I could see no hate anymore, only love. "Of course." I replied, kissing her passionately, my fear of being seen gone. I then turned to finish watch the sun go to sleep tucked comfortingly into the clouds, knowing that the universe was good, because Guro Reiten was now my girlfriend. 

A/N:

Sorry for the kinda late update, the flight back was sooo long n tiring

I'm still grieving Ima not see Guro the rest of the wwc and i also cannot believe germany n brazil is outttt so now i think japan will win the wc

Tysm for over 100 votes I really appreciate it n your lovely comments genuinely make my day :)