Chapter 21- Yes.

"You know I hate flying." I mumbled under my breath, fidgeting in the airplane seat to get comfortable. Guro sighed as she tucked into her bag of complimentary nuts, "Ida, you'll be fine.... and if we go down, at least we'll go down together." she added, with a triumphant smirk. I playfully pushed her away, "Not funny." I glanced out of the window (after successfully convincing and blackmailing Guro into getting) and watched the plane slowly shudder towards the landing strip, rain pummeling on the wings. Maybe it was a warning sign.

As the speed of the plane increased, I found my hand instinctively interlocking with my girlfriend's much more calmer and less sweaty one. This little show of affection was enough to make me forget about my worries, as we glided effortlessly into the sky.

Once sailing above the clouds, I turned my head to look at Guro, but being pleasantly surprised to see her already looking straight at me, huge brown beautiful eyes, locking my lot less entertaining pair. It was enough to send my stomach into a washing machine of butterflies. That feeling would never get old. "Do you want to watch a movie?" she spoke, smoothly, as if her heart wasn't racing too. I nodded and snuggled into her shoulder, a smile playing on my lips, "Anything but titanic, I can't have you bawling on a plane." I could almost feel her sarcastic eye roll, as she clicked vigorously on the screen in front of us, "That was one time." she finally quipped back. 

Eventually, we both agreed on a movie, not suspecting that we would both be in tears at the end of it, as Stand by me, began to play.

Touchdown. The warm, Greek sun, bounced off my pale skin as me and Guro stepped off the aircraft. It was not like England, the air wasn't humid, muggy and uncomfortably hot, in fact, it felt exotic and exciting, like an anticipation was growing inside of me at the prospect of this getaway.

The villa wasn't too far, about half an hour in a taxi led us there. My eyes marveled at the flowers lacing the scenery, almost hiding the divide between the rustic, white cottages and vibrant green landscape.

Gorgeous. The only word I could use to describe where we were staying. A similiar white-washed building, detached with only one floor, overlooking the azure coves below. "It stunning Guro." I whispered as we walked along the little stone path to the house, our suitcases bumping along behind us. "You or the building?" she answered, her eyes lighting up when she saw the pink tints along my face.

We spent most of the day at the beach. Like children, we dumped all our luggage and ran to the sea as soon as we arrived, as if we had no worries or priorities in our lives. That's another thing of the long list of what I loved about Guro, the way I felt around her. Nothing else mattered in the moments together, just us and the memories we would make. Seeing Guro's playful expression as she splashed me with the salty, crystal-clear water was all I needed in my life. "Oh, you'll regret that." I exclaimed, still shocked at the sensation of the cool water dripping down my shirt. She raised her eyebrow and gave me the look, the look that triggered my body to go into overdrive. With a last shake of my head, I launched myself at her, dragging our bodies underwater. "IDA!" she screamed, in hysterics as she emerged, hair soaked and clinging to her neck, "Well, now I hope there's a jellyfish in here, just for you." I giggled at her fake frustration. She could never be angry at me. Not anymore.  Pushing her underwater again, I kissed her. The salty liquid dancing on our tongues as we engaged in this romanticized interaction, kissing beneath the surface, only the tropical fish and onlooking seaweed for company. In some way it was a metaphor, how we had to hide our love beneath the surface for so long, in fear of what others would say or think, but now we were free. And, as we reached oxygen again, panting slightly, it reminded me of how I could breathe easy again. Guro was my breath of fresh air.

Dress nicely. That's the last thing Guro had told me before disappearing. Confused, I manically attempted to piece together an outfit to satisfy her, a sleek dark blue cocktail dress. As I fiddled with my earrings in the golden mirror, in the living room of the villa, I caught sight of Guro, in a white cuffed shirt and black trousers come through the front door. I was almost speechless. "What are we doing that I have to dress up so fancy for?" I interrogated her as I picked up my handbag I had left on the side. "Am I not allowed to surprise my girlfriend anymore?" she quipped back, pulling me into a deep kiss. I pulled away and shrugged, wiping away a smear of pink lipstick I had left around her mouth. "Come on, we need to go." Guro, grabbed my hand and without complaint, I obediently followed, locking the door behind us.

She led me to a small restaurant, located on the edge of the cove's cliff. We walked inside and I was taken aback at how empty it was. Only staff was walking around, engaged in excited chatter, there wasn't a single customer. This worried me slightly, Begging Guro hadn't booked somewhere that would give me food poisoning. But after she gave me a confident glance, it settled my nerves. I trusted her. Following the waiter, he took us out to the balcony, only one table illuminated in the almost pitch-blackness. A small, clothed table, decorated with roses and surrounded by large flickering candles. It looked like something out of a movie. I looked down and saw beneath my heels was a trail of rose petals, leading to the setting, leading to my future. I almost cried then and there. I held Guro's hand, her metal rings, soothing my skin as we walked to the table.

It was the most romantic evening, under the stars. Talking to Guro, healed me, healed all the pain and tears in my heart from losing my dad and all the other trauma I had experienced. I could talk to her non-stop, every hour, of every day of every month of every year.  After my delicious dessert, my favorite sticky toffee pudding, a tinkle of a tune could be heard throughout the quiet night. I looked up at her with a curious smirk before I recognized it. That damn movie. The restaurant speakers was humming out stand by me by Ben E.King. 

"Care to dance?" Guro smiled, holding out her hand to which I swiftly took it. She twirled me into the open area of the wooden planks that balcony consisted of before bring me close, rocking side to side. I planted my chin on her shoulder softly, closing my eyes and enjoying the rhythm and the feeling of Guro's hands on my waist. As the song slowly came to an end, Guro gave me a nervous glance and sunk to one knee, pulling out a black box from her trouser pockets. Opening it, revealed a intricate silver ring, a diamond encased at the forefront, sparkling in the candle light.

"Ida." Guro spluttered, already choking on tears. "I can't really do the day I met you is when I knew speech that other couples do." I giggled at her words, breath catching in my throat as she continued, "But the day I really met you, in that hotel room, is when I knew. When I really understood who you are, you are my person. The person, who knows me better, more than myself. The person I know I can go to whenever I've had a bad day, there's nothing you can't do to bring a smile to my face. You're the person I want to spend the rest of my life with." I wiped a running tear down her cheek as she took a shaky breath, "I wanted to ask your dad, for your hand in marriage. I know how important he was and still is to you, he made you who you are, the girl I love. I visited his grave, and spoke to him. The best thing is, as I pleaded for your hand, a little robin came and sat on the gravestone, just watching and listening, no fear or anything. And if that's not a clearer sign, I don't know what is. He's watching over us, and smiling, knowing his little girl has finally found someone who loves her as much as he did...... So, Ida Jorgenson, will you make me the happiest woman in the world and marry me?"

 I didn't even hesitate or need a moment to consider it, "Yes."

A/N:

-I hope this longish chapter makes up for my absence

- We are nearly coming to an end on Ida's story :(

But, as I said.....a potential new project is coming soon?