Chapter 4 - First training session

I woke up the following morning and stretched, expecting to feel Reiten beside me, however when I turned the bed was empty. I rolled my eyes, that's the thanks I get clearly. I hopped in the shower and changed into my training kit so I could go to our communal breakfast, but I was still furious with her absence for some reason. Surely, I should be happy that she's not anywhere near me?

I headed down to breakfast and entered the hustle and bustle of the dinner hall, I frantically searched for Hansen and found relief when I finally spotted her. "Hey, how'd you sleep?" she asked curiously, tucking into a bowl of granola. I sat down beside her," Yeah, I slept fine." I responded dryly, contemplating where I should tell her about me and Guro cuddling, "I'm going to go get something to eat, I'm starving" I got up and headed to the breakfast hatch to assess my options. There was a rather appealing looking banana, but I chose a simple bowl of granola, like Hansen and began to head back to the table when a collision knocked it out my hand. "What the fuck?" I yelled, picking bits of granola off my milk-stained kit, I looked at the culprit and of course who else would it be but the Norwegian devil. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you there." She smirked and if it wasn't for Hansen's arm around my shoulder, pulling me away, I SWEAR I would have smacked that bitch. "Just ignore her, she's not worth it." Hansen whispered into my ear as she led me away. "Yeah, she's not worth it." I agreed.

Training was a nightmare. I couldn't do anything without getting violently tackled or judged by Reiten. If I misplaced just one pass, there would be a guaranteed comment and If I had the ball for just long enough, I would be taken out. She had always been aggressive, but not this aggressive, it's like I have done something extra to piss her off. Everyone started talking, noticing the clear tension and hate between us. Eventually, our captain, Mjelde intervened and took Guro to the side. It gave me satisfaction that she was getting told off and not me. Why would I, I have done nothing wrong? We continued the training exercise, (5v5) without Reiten and I managed to bag a lovely goal but somehow, I found it not as satisfying as I liked due to Guro being pulled away to a crossing drill.

Eventually, It ended and I wiped the sweat from my brow as Mjelde approached me. We greeted each other formally before she told me the manager wanted to see me. I shook my head, immediately knowing it was about me and the Norwegian devil, it was so unnecessary and stressful for no reason. I threw my bottle on the ground and followed my captain.

"Ida, take a seat!" Riise welcomed me into her rather luxurious office. The heat from a flickering fireplace illuminated the rather dark room and provided it with little warmth. However, when I saw Guro sat in-front of the desk in one of the chairs, I felt as if I was overheating. "So, I've not been informed by not just one but many of your teammates that you seem to not be getting along." My cheeks flushed bright red and I eyed Reiten's who seemed to be doing the same. I picked at the leather of the seat beneath me as she continued, "If this is the case, you will tell me now and you will BOTH be removed from camp as this team is a family, not a broken one." She commented, as if it wasn't the worst news I had heard. Guro was first to speak, "No, we do get along, I was just in a bad mood at training, and I took it out on Ida." I was stunned at her taking accountability but also blatantly lying. "Is this true?" Riise questioned me and I nodded a little too quickly. "You are dismissed but I mean it, anymore arguments and you are both out." my manager stated, sifting through some paperwork on her desk. "I understand" I mumbled as I closed the door of the office behind us. Without saying a word, me and the devil went separate ways. 

A/N:

Another short chapter but i'm sooo busy and tired keeping up with the world cup

Idk if I should do some with my love guro's POV, i'll see how i feel

Please rate to inspire other people to read and if it's actually good lol :)