Chapter 12- beach day

Between that magical night and the next international camp, we went on as many random dates as we could squeeze into both our equally busy schedules. One in particular that I vividly remember was the beach date.

"Have you got the towels?" Beth Mead asked me as she opened the boot of her car, eagerly grabbing a set of buckets and spades. I gestured to the pile of vibrantly colored towels in my arms, and she laughed, "Sorry I didn't see that, is Guro coming today?" a new type of smirk appearing on her face. I rolled my eyes, "Of course she is. I'll tell her to meet us on the beach." I whipped out my phone and sent her a quick message, letting her know our whereabouts. "Let's go." I beckoned, descending the sandy slope leading to the beach with Meado.

I layed out the towels in a vertical formation for sunbathing, then, glanced at the setting around me. Katie and Caitlin were in the water, jumping the waves like little kids, holding hands. Something was definitely going on there. Viv and Beth had challenged Leah and Frida to a game of beach volleyball which looked as if it was getting heated, fast. Steph Catley and Pelova were digging a very deep hole indeed, to the point where if Victoria stood in it, she'd be up to her head. I shielded my eyes from the sun and squinted at the entrance of the beach, excitedly awaiting my girlfriend's arrival. To my delight, she was descending as I searched. I dropped the rest of the towels and ran as first as I could across the hot golden sand, sinking as I went. She laughed at my stupidness and gave me a hug. Since we had become official, I had found the confidence to tell all my Arsenal family about our relationship so we could be ourselves without fear of being caught. We headed over, holding hands and Beth wolf whistled as I returned the favor with a middle finger.

It was about 1pm and me and Guro lay, cuddling on the towel, desperately looking for the tan that we usually would never get in England. I glanced up at her, admiring her beautiful face and the way the sun reflected off her nose to bring out the cute summer freckles she got during the season. You could hear the chatter of my mates around us but at this moment, it felt like it was just me and her. "Hey, do you want to go in the water?" I whispered in her ear, and she nodded, flicking her sunglasses onto her head. We got up, brushing ourselves off and began the venture down to the sea, wincing at the blazing hot sand tickling our feet. Finally, we reached the cool sea when I suddenly remembered I was still in my clothes. "Shit." I giggled to which Guro joined in. Without warning, she stripped off her t-shirt and shorts revealing a very hot bikini. My eyes flicked down to her toned abs, glinting in the sun, before tracing along the rest of her body, settling on her firm biceps. "You're staring." she blushed as she moved my chin upwards so I could only look into her eyes, "You're turn." My breath caught in my throat before feeling an overwhelming sense of body consciousness. I looked down at my baggy clothes, pondering whether I should make an excuse to not go in the water. "What's wrong?" Guro softly questioned, bringing me out of my daydream. I stuttered trying to find an excuse before she stopped me, "You are like the most beautiful person in the world Ida, you are gorgeous inside and out. Don't forget that." I smiled shyly and she gave me a loving kiss on the lips. She always knew what to say to make me feel better. She was the only person in the world that really understood how I felt, even if I didn't obviously state it. I took off my clothes and left them in the pile she had made. Her eyes scanned my body with a pinkish tint on her cheeks just like I had done hers and I grabbed her hand, pulling her towards the water.

We played around in the shallow bits for a while, adjusting to the cool temperature and strong waves before heading further into the point where she was swimming, and I could just about stand. I dunked my head into the fresh water, feeling salt on the tip of my tongue and emerging refreshed as Guro wrapped her legs around my hips in the water. I held her like a toddler, "Awh you can't reach the floor?" I teased her as she stuck out her tongue, "shhh, I know that you like feeling in control." This comment made me bite my lip, knowing she was right. "I like when you bite your lip like that." she flirted, placing her fingers upon my salty wet lips. I blushed and leaned into a kiss when I felt the most horrific, violent surge of pain through my foot, travelling through my whole body. I screamed in pain as my body fell limp and Guro's eyes widened, "Ida are you okay what happened baby?" she frantically replied, beginning to travel to shore, arms wrapped along my waist in reflex. "Jell-Jell-Jellyfish." I finally spluttered out, losing the energy to talk. "Oh my god." She exclaimed, moving faster through the water. "SOMEBODY GET A LIFEGUARD." she yelled, alerting the attention of not only the arsenal girls but the other beach goers. The last thing I remember feeling is Guro lift me into the bridal style position before I blacked out in pain.

I woke up to a crowd of people surrounding me in what seemed like the lifeguard station. "Ida. I'm so glad you're okay." Leah stated to which the others agreed. The pain in my foot was still stinging, but nowhere near as bad as I glanced down at my unusually swollen foot. I looked back at the faces at the girls and croaked, "Where's Guro?", "I'm here baby." was the response as she weaved her way through the crowd of people, holding a bottle of water. I downed it quickly, throat feeling sandy and dry. She gripped onto my hand tightly, feeling her sweaty palms and noticing her anxious expression. "I'm okay I promise." I reassured her, touching her cheek with my free hand, caressing it. The others left, giving us some privacy. "I was really worried Ida, when you fainted, I thought something was seriously wrong." she gasped, a tear streaming from her eye. "Hey don't cry. I'm okay now." I repeated, trying desperately to comfort her as I reached up to pull her on top of me. I hugged her tightly, smelling the nice shampoo she wore as I placed my head upon her hair, running my fingers through it. "I should be the one comforting you not this way." she muttered into my shoulder. "No, I think you were more worried about me, which is really cute." I giggled, tracing my hand along the band of her bikini on her back to which I saw her body squirm in delight. "You like that?" I hummed into her ear, which made her heartbeat faster. But we were interrupted by the lifeguard entering the room to check my vitals. I was given the all-clear and exhausted me and Guro decided to head home which the girls obviously understood. They all gave me a loving hug goodbye and best wishes before me, and Guro collected our stuff and headed back to her car.

"Well that was quite the day." I laughed to which she replied, "Yes, what a day." 

A/N:

Sorry this is quite a short chapter but I thought it was a cute concept hope you agree,

I love Guro's protective side frr,

The England game made me age like 10 years with the stress it put me under omds but glad we're through i guesss