Chapter 7- truth or dare?

To cheer me up, Hansen and Engen had organized a team game night when I arrived back to camp unscathed, as they knew I love to be competitive and, especially, to win.

When I got to my room, I was expecting Guro to be there but found myself to be a little disappointed when I found the room empty. The door was slightly ajar, so I assumed she had only just left. I was informed by Hansen to dress...nicely. Is joggers and a sweatshirt not nice enough for her? I rummaged through my wardrobe, desperately trying to find something suitable knowing full well I owned barely anything formal. As I was frisking through, I could only think of one burning question, Would Guro like this?

Eventually, I put on a tight, black minidress and bedazzled it with a simple diamond necklace my grandma had given me. Glancing at the mirror, I was satisfied with the result. Not to sound big-headed, but I looked good. I took a few mirror selfies for the insta story and slid on a pair of matching black stilettos. I hope they thought I looked as beautiful as I felt.

I followed the noise of laughter and chatter to Mjelde's hotel room, and I took a few nervous breaths before I cautiously entered. "IDABERRY!" Hansen exclaimed as I walked in the room, "Darling you look AMAZING." I blushed embarrassed and thanked her as well as my other teammates who gave me generous compliments. However, the real person I wanted to compliment me stood in the far corner, sipping champagne and admiring from afar. I shrugged it off and headed to the alcohol table, ignoring the concerned look on Reiten's face, desperate for a drink.

"Guys, I have the best idea..." Engen announced, perched on the end of the double bed. The chatter died down as all focus fell on her, "Let's play truth or dare." The excited buzz of the atmosphere picked up again, everyone excited by the prospect of the game. We all sat in a large but deformed circle and began shooting the question at our teammates. Truth or dare?

So far, we had learnt that Guro Bergsvand had set her childhood hamster's cage on fire and that Emille Havi had aspired to be a world-famous magician when she was younger. Hansen was the next to be approached by an eager Maanum. "Truth." Hansen answered, a playful smile lighting up her face. "Hmm... have you kissed anyone in this room before and who?" she asked curiously which got a satisfied "oooo" from the team. The air caught in my throat, and I gulped nervously, feeling like a million pins were being inserted into my heart. Hansen caught my eye, trying to determine my body language and I subtly nodded, letting her know it was okay. She picked at the strands of carpet as she answered, "Yes... I kissed Ida." she finished, returning to my eyes. There was silence for a moment before the room exploded with questions and excitement. I had quite a few players patted me on the back as if they were congratulating me. The only person who didn't seem as intrigued was Reiten who sat very still, opposite me in the circle, with a numb expression on her face which I couldn't read. Her eyes seemed to be glistening with tears. I was definitely imagining it. Reiten slowly got up and headed back to the alcohol table from which she picked up her first beer of the evening, opening it casually with her teeth. For some reason this action created a fluttery feeling withing my stomach.

After the hustle had died down, all attention was now put on me. "Truth or dare?" I was asked by Mjelde who seemed to be getting into the game after looking unbothered at the start. "Dare." I answered confidently, looking for a challenge. "Kiss the person you hate the most." She smirked. I looked around nervously at all the people who were glued to my movements, eager to see my thoughts. There was only one person who clouded my mind, Guro Reiten. Not because I wanted to kiss her or something, she was just the person I hated the most. Just like the question said. I gazed into the eyes of Reiten, unable to read her emotions again. Should I play it safe? No, Fuck it.

I hesitantly made my way to were, Guro was sitting. She had perked up a bit from her slumped position a minute ago and was transfixed on me. I knelt in front of her and took a minute to take in her features, the pool of Hazel eyes, the cute button the nose, the gorgeous clear skin. Wait, I wasn't in love with her, Was I? I swiftly pushed this thought out of my mind faster than it came and placed my hand on her cheek, encouraging her to move forward. My breath was shaky and my heart beated a million times per second. I leaned forwards finally, and our lips connected which lit a fire in my belly which rumbled for more. Either she was an amazing kisser or everyone else I had kissed was bad, (sorry Hansen) but this felt amazing. She became more involved in the kiss and slid her tongue in my mouth, which led me to release the quietest of moans. "OKAY GUYS!" Mjelde cried, "Let's keep this PG", which made the room chuckle as I disconnected our lips, feeling an overwhelming sense of emptiness. What the fuck just happened?

It was about 12AM when I returned to the room, joined this time by Reiten. We hadn't said a word since the kiss, and I was happy for it to stay that way until I could figure out my feelings. I brushed my teeth whilst Guro changed into her sleep clothes in the bedroom, and I did my skincare awkwardly. Finally, we both got into the warm pit of our bed and turned off the lights, leaving the room in darkness and silence, alone with our thoughts. I wonder if she was thinking the same. Was it just me, was I reading into this way too much?

An hour passed and I couldn't sleep, and by the sound of the tossing and turning beside me, Guro couldn't either. I sighed and said, "I can't sleep.". I wasn't sure what I wanted her reaction to be to this, but I knew I wanted to say it. "Neither." she answered after a while, clearly thinking carefully about her response. We didn't speak after that, and I turned to face the outside of the bed. Before I could get trapped in my questions again, I felt a warm body press up behind me, spooning me. "Is this, okay?" Guro whispered into my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "Yes." I replied, struggling to form words. Her arms snaked around my stomach, squeezing me, but not too much and I could feel her heart jumping out of her chest on my back. She layed down, lightly breathing on the back of my neck creating goosebumps. If heaven had a feeling, it would be this. It wasn't long before I fell into a deep sleep, in perfect comfort. 

A/N:

guys omg tysm for 100 reads, i genuinely cannot believe it

I love y'all sm and i'm glad i've found my fellow Guro lovers <3

I'm on holiday soon so I will be frantically writing so this might not update for a while just sayinggg