Chapter 10 -facetime

It was an emotional goodbye to Hansen, my new friends and of course Reiten. An empty feeling was the atmosphere of my stomach on the taxicab back to Arsenal and all I wanted to do right now was to be laughing with Hansen or cuddling with Guro. I cleared these negative thoughts and focused on my season with Arsenal ahead, we were in second place which Chelsea above just on goal difference. I needed to be there for my team, to create chances and stop attacks and however much I liked Guro, I wanted to beat Chelsea especially. There's nothing like a London civil war. Plus, If I played well, I would get picked once again for the Norway national team and I would be able to see the excitable faces of my friends and the beautiful one of Reiten's soon.

And I did, well we did as a team. We hadn't lost any games since the international friendlies and had managed to succeed Chelsea in the table after their narrow loss to an in-form villa side. I was in the best form of my life, (not trying to sound big headed) racking up 6 assists in 5 games and even 2 goals from corners. I had a vague idea of why I was performing so well, and it had do with a certain baby-faced Norwegian.

We facetimed almost every night since camp and they were the pure highlights of my day, my heart filling with joy whenever she would call me at our scheduled time, 7PM, and she would tell me all about the highs and lows of her match, day or training. I loved listening to her talk; I could have it on repeat constantly without getting annoyed. She was my perfect devil. I loved how she would watch my games whenever she could on TV, as we feared the rumors would spread if she was pictured watching one of my games at Meadow Park or the Emirates. She always gave me feedback on how I played, like the proud dad I hadn't had for a while.

This particular day, I was in my room flicking through a magazine when she called me up. I got up and shut the door, which my roommate, Katie Mccabe, had become weary of but never questioned. She was in her own relationship drama anyways. I answered with a broad smile on my face, "Hey, who are you?" I asked teasingly to which she matched my energy, "Oh just here to sell my services as a perfect housewife.". I laughed at her reply. These were the moments I would treasure forever. "Hey, wait, I recognize that top." she blushed as she looked at my outfit on screen, whilst laying on her sofa in her flat. I was wearing my Norway Guro jersey, (I wouldn't be seen in a Chelsea one) that she had gifted me from the last minutes we shared together at camp. In fact, I didn't tell her this, but I slept with it every night, as it still had the faint smell of her perfume and felt I was being embraced by her 24/7. To avoid embarrassment I quipped, "What's that playlist I hear in the background?" That shut her up as she face-planted comically on camera. A few night ago, Guro had sent me a playlist named, Ida <3, which contained in her words, "All the songs that remind me of your vibes" I practically folded when I saw some of the songs, some of which being perfect by Ed Sheeran, Gorgeous by Taylor swift and Here with me by Dvd. However right now, I could hear the pixelated tune of Nobody gets me by SZA. A great song choice I must say.

"Hey, I have something I need to tell you." Guro said to interrupt our virtual uno game. I placed the cards down on my bed and focused all my attention on her, signaling for her to carry on. "Well Emma has let the Chelsea day have a day off training on Tuesday because of champions league." She started grinning, which relaxed me a little. I always get nervous when people say they have something to tell me. "And Frida offered me a bed in her apartment, which means I'll get to see you." I sat still, trying to process the news before grabbing my phone and jumping up and down on my bed, "That's like the best news I ever!" I shouted like a little Kid on Christmas morning. I sat back down, and she continued, crying with laughter, "I want to take you on a proper first date.". Immediately, the cocoons in my stomach broke into a million butterflies and I smiled. This was the first time I had felt genuinely happy in a while. Of course, I agreed, and she told me it would all be a secret, which I didn't quite like. One thing about me is that I hate surprises, why spring something on someone when you can just gradually ease?

I went to bed the night smiling ear-to-ear wondering what special things Guro was planning for me, the luckiest girl in the world. 

A/N:

Another short one, i'm so sorry guys, it's just kinda a filler chapter tbf cause i wanna get content out to make u happy

From the time now i'm writing this  i've nearly got 200 reads and 32 rates tysm guys ily'all <333