Chapter 17

Chloe's POV:

It had been a week since Jimin's so-called apology. Though he seemed sincerely sorry, I still couldn't let us become as close as he wanted. He seemed interested in me romantically, and before the whole accusation, I did consider it. Kai would have a somewhat normal childhood with both parents. However, after he questioned my integrity, I realized that things would not work out between us. There was supposed to be trust in a relationship, and he couldn't give me that.

Nicole and Camila didn't like that I went back to work for him, but in the end, they let it be. I needed to work, and this was by far the "simplest" job I had, and allowed me to have so much with my son. I noticed Jimin buying Kai more and more gifts, almost as if he were trying to make up for doubting he was his child.

We were all currently at the park. This wasn't a regular park. most people here seemed to be famous, and the park was quite private. It had to be for the sake of Kai's privacy. The media didn't know about Jimin's son, and we wanted to keep it that way for as long as possible. I didn't want him dragged into the press at such a young age.

I licked my cherry-strawberry ice cream, my eyes mainly focused on Kai as he ran around with his father. I looked down at the ice cream. It tasted heavenly, but I was unsure if it was worth three times the normal amount I'd pay at a regular park. I shrugged to myself and looked up to see Jimin returning to me.

"He has officially abandoned me for another child," he sighed dramatically as he sat down next to me.

"Aww poor Jimin," I said sarcastically, looking over to see a mother holding onto her large sun hat as she rushed over to her daughter and spit out the sand she had just put in her mouth, hm kids. Kai did that once and ended up crying. He hated sand for a short period of his life.

"Is the ice cream good?" Jimin asked, turning to face me, making me inch away from him. I wouldn't be able to focus if we sat so close to each other. I could smell his black amber-scented perfume from here. and it wasn't just his intoxicating scent that made me difficult for me it was also the way he smiled at me, flashing his perfectly pearly teeth. The way his dark brow slightly arched and the way his brown eyes were focused on me made me feel like I was the center of his world, but I was over that. At least, I tried to be. I had to be for the sake of my heart and Kai.

I knew if anything else were to happen, I wouldn't be able to forgive him, which would lead to destroying Kai's bond with his father. I didn't want that to happen.

I snapped back to reality and saw he was still staring at me with the same smile as before. I cleared my throat and looked over at Kai to see him chasing after a girl and a little boy. They were playing catch.

"Chloe, I truly want to take you out on a date. I was thinking-" Jimin started to speak even though he heard my sigh, but that wasn't what stopped him. He was stopped by my phone receiving notifications constantly and his phone started to ring. Odd. I looked over at him, mirroring the frown on his face.

I looked down to see a bunch of texts from Camila and Nicole. I opened up Nicole's and stared at the top to see an article with a horrendous headline

"One of the country's most eligible bachelors, Jimin Park, has been keeping his adorable son a secret from us, but the real question is who is the lucky lady?"

I skimmed through the article and saw they used a photo of my son. All of my accounts had been switched to private, so where did they even find this? I scrolled down and saw they had made a potential list of who the mother might be.

"Where did they get all of this? We were as careful as possible," I texted Nicole and Camila back and could hear Jimin was on the phone with someone.

"It's just us, Tess, Shawn, and Jimin who know about all of this, and I don't think any of us did it," Nicole responded.

"Xavier, he knew too, right? Do you think he did this?" Camila texted back, making me sigh. Of course, it would be him. I threatened him, so he fired back.

WOW what a chapter seems like everybody knows now I wonder how Jimin's mother is gonna take this when she finds out Jimin's cook aka Chloe is the mother but find out more in the next chapter thank u for reading bye byeee

Chapter 18 coming up soon :) -Author

If you know someone named Xavier....report them to the police. -Editor