Chapter 31

Chloe's POV:

It had been a few days since that morning, and I had to admit that I thought things would be weird between us. Instead, it seemed like we were getting along better, even though we were acting like we had forgotten about that- like it had never even happened. Of course, for me, things were a little different. Every time he'd touch me with innocent intentions, my mind would go back to that night.

I looked over at Kai and Jimin. Kai was sipping on some leftover smoothie. In the past, he never liked smoothies. It must have been the texture, but ever since he saw Jimin drinking his in the morning, he kept asking for some, so at some point, I started giving him his own little cup, and he seemed to like it. I watched as Jimin did some card trick, blowing Kai's little mind, and I knew I would be hearing all about it later.

Tomorrow, we'd be having dinner with the Kims, Aka Kim Namjoon, and his wife and I still hadn't figured out what I'd prepare for them. I did have a few ideas but I needed to run them past Jimin first.

"Hey, Kai, can I borrow Daddy for a moment?" I asked, looking over at the little boy.

"Okay," he answered, shrugging and running off to the basket that held some of his toys.

"What's wrong?" Jimin asked, walking over to me into the kitchen. There was a slight frown on his face as he looked at me.

"I just needed to talk to you about dinner tomorrow," I replied, sitting down on one of the barstools.

"Yes, of course. What do you want to talk about?" He also sat down and leaned toward me a little.

"The actual dinner. I have a few ideas of what I can make; I just need your confirmation to do the grocery shopping." I said, pulling out my phone and opening up the notepad app, hoping he'd pick out something from there.

"Oh, I thought we'd be ordering food." Jimin frowned, confusing me as well.

"Won't they wonder why your so-called girlfriend who had a degree in culinary arts isn't the one making the meal?" I asked, nudging him playfully with a slight smile on my lips.

"Uh, no, because her so-called boyfriend is a billionaire?" he replied in the same playful tone and smirked at me, making me sigh.

"Fair enough, but I think I still want to be the one to prepare the meal. A homemade meal just makes it feel a lot more special, you know?" I tried explaining, hoping he'd understand where I was coming from.

"That is true, but won't a five-course meal be too much for you?" Jimin asked, playing with the cuffs of his dress shirt and struggling a little with the buttons.

"Not at all. It's not like I have to prepare for a whole party." I shrugged. The restaurant I used to work at had many different dishes that I had to prepare daily, and even with help, it could be a little much sometimes

"Okay, then. Sure." Jimin shrugged.

"One question: Can my sister come over tomorrow? She'll be able to look after Kai while I prepare the meals," I asked, turning so we could face each other and taking his hand. I held it in front of me and started doing the buttons he was struggling with.

"Of course. Uh, one question: What will we do with Kai tomorrow? Should we call someone to babysit him?" Jimin asked, his small eyes focused on me and what I was doing. Once I finished one side, he gave me his other arm to do as well.

"My sister already offered. She and Shawn will take him out and bring him back after dinner," I replied, finishing up the buttons and looking up into his brown eyes. He thanked me softly, and I just smiled and nodded.