Chapter 27

Chloe's POV:

I sat down on the couch, legs crossed, as I replied to a text from Camila. I saw an unknown number had texted me, but I left it alone since I didn't know who it was. I received several more messages, so I finally blocked the number. It was probably a scammer. If it were someone important, I knew they'd identify themselves.

"Guess what we're up to," Chae-won texted me. I immediately replied with question marks, curious to know what my little guy was up to. She sent me a picture of her and Kai both dressed in aprons and making little pizzas. Kai's hands were covered in red sauce, as was his mouth.

"Oh wow, seems like you're both enjoying making a mess," I texted with laughing emojis after the sentence.

"Good thing we wore aprons," She replied.

"It's very much needed when cooking with Chef Kai." I smiled as I replied to her text. They were, indeed needed. I knew that from the number of times Kai "helped" make something.

"I can see that. Enjoy your date," She replied, to which I responded, "Enjoy your pizzas."

I heard the motor of the gate working and Jimin's car driving over the gravel coming closer and closer. I didn't realize I had become nervous; it wasn't an official date, yet I felt this way.

I got up, fixed the dress, then walked to the mirror by the door and checked my makeup. I heard footsteps coming up the steps and the door opening.

"Oh, wow-" Jimin's brown eyes widened, slowly going down my body and then back up to my face.

"Hey." I smiled, looking straight into his gorgeous eyes. I couldn't help but get lost in them.

"You look beautiful," Jimin added, making me smile. I walked to the seat we had outside and sat down to put on my heels. "Is that a Park's dress?"

"Yeah," I answered looking up at him as I pulled on my right shoe.

"You know, all these clothes from the line you've been wearing have never been released because we found they didn't fit right, but now, I see they just never have the right model wearing them," he said, eyes focused on me as I put on my other shoe. His words made my cheeks heat up a little.

"I'm no model- just a chef." I laughed awkwardly, looking up at him.

"Your energy is friendly and warm, and your smile radiates the same energy. That's all it takes for us," Jimin said calmly, giving me his hand to help me stand up.

"I'm ready," I told him, changing the subject, which worked.

"Let's go, then." He led the way to the car and opened the door for me.

On the drive to our destination, we barely spoke since he was getting constant calls regarding his business. He apologized to them, but I understood. He mentioned the influx was because he had been a little disorganized the last few days. I knew the news about our son coming out and us making this plan to deceive Mr. Namjoon only gave him more tasks to do and increased his workload.

When we arrived, the place looked like some ordinary hotel, which confused me. What was his idea for dinner? I looked over at Jimin, waiting for him to finish up his call.

"Sorry about that," he said and tucked away his phone.

"It's okay; I understand," I replied, watching as he fixed his hair in the mirror and then got out of the car.

"Thank you for understanding." He looked over at me as I stepped out reaching out for his hand and holding onto it as he led the way.

"Um, is this your idea of dinner?" I asked, raising a brow at him.