Chapter 21

Chloe's POV:

"That went good?" I asked, a little unsure as I looked up at Jimin and straight into his beautiful eyes. I watched as his lips curled into a smile as he looked at me.

"Yes, thank you so much," he said sincerely, resting his hand on my shoulder and rubbing it. I got lost in his eyes for a moment, my thoughts wandering before I came back to my senses, remembering I was still a little angry at him.

"I'm doing this for Kai's future. You better not screw me over," I told him after clearing my throat and looking away from him.

"I'm a man of my word, Chloe," he said, getting up and tucking his phone in his pocket. "Shall we go tell the others? They should be aware, so they can keep up with their part," Jimin then asked, already walking to the door.

"Mmhmm," I hummed and followed him out the door to see his family still sitting in the living room, waiting for us to see what the final decision would be.

"We decided to come up with a story to let him believe things are going good between us," Jimin told them, pointing to one of the seats for me to sit on and sitting next to me.

"And she's okay with that?" His mother asked, pointing to me as if she couldn't just ask me herself.

"We came to an agreement," I answered for Jimin, pulling one of the pillows onto my lap.

"Well, what's the 'truth', then?" Eun-woo asked, raising a brow at this as he leaned back into his seat. his body was less tense than before. everybody was less tense. They were all relieved that their contract wouldn't be lost.

"We met, and she got pregnant early, but we didn't want the media involved, so we hit it until now when things got exposed," Jimin explained, looking at me and speaking slowly to make sure I could correct him whenever I didn't like what he said.

"That's it? What if he asks why you're living separately?" Chae-Yeong asked, taking much more interest in this than her mother. I could tell she didn't like this but wanted the deal.

"We'll just say we recently moved in together for safety reasons. In the past, we just met up a lot in private, and as for us not being married or engaged, we figured it would be too early to jump into things." Jimin leaned a little closer to me, his strong-smelling cologne filling my nose and making me sigh.

"Seems like you have it all figured out then." Chae-won looked at us and we just nodded.

Jimin said, "We hope so. I got the dinner invite."

"Really?! Oh my," Eun-chae asked loudly, mouth hanging open as she was shocked by this. Just a week ago, everything was pending, now, dinner was spoken of.

"What deal did you have to cut with her?" She then asked, narrowing over at me, seeking permission first, but I didn't react at all. I didn't know if I wanted them to know about this.

"That's none of your business. However, if she finds she wants to tell you, that's totally up to her," Jimin said, looking at his family.

"Wow," Chae-Yeong scoffed and shook her head in disappointment.

"One more thing," Jimin said, clearing his throat and standing up to walk closer to his family. "I expect you two to treat Chloe and our son with respect. I expect you to be on your best behavior understood?"

"Yes...." Chae-Yeong mumbled softly as he looked at her and their mother. I felt guilty to have put them in such a situation, but I did deserve respect. I was nothing but kind towards them.