Chapter 22

Chloe's POV:

I could hear the birds chirping, and a thick streak of sunlight peeped through the curtains and shine on my face, sharing its warmth with me. I let out a loud sigh and went to check the time. I had to get up and make breakfast for the two boys. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom to wash my face, brush my teeth, and put my hair up in a bun.

Once I was half-ready for the day, I checked on Kai and saw he was already up. He was sitting on the ground and playing with a few of his car toys.

"Good morning, baby," I said sweetly, walking towards him and bending down to his level.

"Morning, Momma." He smiled at me, handing me one of his trucks. He always did that. I suspected that was his toddler's love language.

"How was your sleep?" I asked, pulling him into my lap and placing my head on top of his.

"Good," he answered, rolling the wheels of the green car toy on the rug and then looking up at me.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, brushing his dark hair out of his eyes.

"Yeah!" he exclaimed and threw his little hands in the air.

"Let's go down, then." I tickled his stomach and got up. I picked him up and carried him downstairs, all while he used me as his racetrack for his red car toy. when we got downstairs, I set him down and turned on some cartoons on the TV before going to the kitchen to make us all breakfast.

At some point, I heard Jimin coming down the stairs. I quickly poured his smoothie into a glass cup, added a metal straw for him, and placed it on the counter. I still followed his schedule from when I was just his personal chef. I liked it better that way because I knew exactly what he wanted for his meals.

"Good morning, Kai," I heard Jimin say to our son.

"Morning, Daddy," Kai replied.

"What are you watching?" he asked.

"Cartoons!" he answered with a giggle. clearly, someone woke up on the right side of the bed.

"Oh, wow. Are they good?" I heard Jimin ask him.

Kai answered, "Yeah!"

"I'll join you in a moment, Okay?" Jimin ruffled Kai's hair and walked off. I heard the footsteps coming my way.

"Okay," Kai mumbled softly.

"Hey, good morning," Jimin said as he stepped into the kitchen, and around to look at me.

"Morn- oh, haha, uh hey." I cleared my throat, my eyes focused on his bare torso as I tried to form a proper sentence but couldn't. He wasn't the most muscular man, but he also didn't lack muscles at all. He had just the right amount that fit his frame.

"Shit, I'm sorry. Should I put on a shirt? Usually, I don't wear one until I leave and figured Kai would want to run around. I'll go put one on," Jimin rambled as he looked down at himself, then back up to me, and stood there a little awkwardly.

"No, no. It's fine it's your house, after all. I was just surprised," I muttered and turned around to focus on the scrambled eggs that were making a sizzling sound.

"Thank you. Is breakfast ready?" Jimin asked, picking up his smoothie.

"Yes, could you get him?" I asked looking over my shoulder and seeing him give me a nod as he sipped the smoothie and walked off.

I pulled out three plates, placed them on the table where we would sit, and then returned with the scrambled eggs, toast, chicken bacon, and a bowl of cut-up fruit. Jimin helped Kai sit on his chair and then got the apple juice, water, and cups for us to drink out of.