Chapter 25 ~ It's my Fault ~

Dhara pleaded for her life, her desperation evident in her eyes. Yet, his gaze remained cold and unyielding, devoid of any compassion. His nostrils flared with anger, and a crease appeared on his forehead.

"Regardless of your tears or pleas, this is where you'll stay. Netra is correct, Rajgardh's doors are closed to you forever. There's nothing left for you there. Embrace this city as your new home, as your connection to Rajgardh is over. Don't even think about running away again, or I won't hesitate to shoot you. " warned Samar, his intense gaze confirming his seriousness.

Dhara shook her head, unable to believe his words. Despite baring her feelings to him, she realized she held no place in his life. She had romanticized him in her fantasies, but he felt nothing for her and didn't care about her emotions.

" You're aware that once you enter Rajgardh, the outside world becomes unreachable. But despite that, you're given a chance to break free and soar. So, why would you confine yourself in that prison again? Is freedom something you don't truly desire? And spare me that weak excuse of wanting to stay only for my sake. " He was determined to dismantle her arguments.

" Netra Di is correct. You'll never understand me " Dhara uttered, hurt evident as she shook her head and retreated towards the door.

" Don't even think about leaving until I grant permission. " His stern tone rooted her in place.

Samar took hold of her hand, guiding her to sit on the bed. He poured a glass of water for her and extended it to her, offering her a drink.

She was baffled by his unexpected action. Rana Samar Pratap Singh, offering her water, was an incredible and memorable moment for her. Her gaze remained bewildered, yet he was accustomed to receiving such surprised and awed looks, not just from his female admirers, but from everyone.

Samar held the glass close to her, almost touching her nose. She snapped out of her daze, realizing her reaction. Her embarrassment was palpable, but he paid no attention, having more important matters to discuss.

Dhara sipped water slowly, her mind wandering to the idea of drowning in the glass.

He took the now-empty glass from her and placed it on the side table. Though her eyes widened in surprise again, this time she contained her emotions.

Sitting across from her, he noticed her fidgeting fingers and lip-biting nervousness, which irritated him.

Samar gently separated her lips with his thumb and forefinger, an exasperated sigh escaping him.

Her lips had turned pink from constant biting, and her nose was red from crying.

He focused intently on her quivering lips, his warm breath enveloping her as she kept her head down, avoiding his gaze.

In the midst of his internal struggle to focus, he found himself muttering under his breath, "Stop distracting me."

He recognized the need to regain control over his overpowering hormones, which seemed to be sending him mixed signals. In this critical moment, he was determined to eliminate any potential distractions.

Her restless fingers, which had been causing him irritation, drove him to take action. He reached out and held both of her hands, a move that surprised her, prompting a gasp to escape from her lips.

With a newfound sense of purpose, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, seeking to steady himself. He spoke to her in a gentle, soothing tone, "Listen, from now on, pay close attention to everything I say. When I ask you a question, please answer clearly." He was intentional about maintaining his composure and pacing.