Chapter 30 ~ Like My Forgotten Toys ~

Vote, Comment & Share!!!

" Dhara, what is love? "

Upon hearing this unexpected question from him, her breathless breath seemed to freeze suddenly. Time appeared to halt as she stared at him with shocked eyes.

Samar awaited her response, observing the shock in her eyes and more that lingered beneath the surface.

Only then did she realize her current state-her eyes shifted towards herself. Her upper body was completely exposed, and she lay atop him while he wrapped his hands around her waist.

Amidst this emotional turmoil, she hadn't realized her situation, and embarrassment washed over her. Hastily, she rose from him, hastily wrapping the black silk sheet around her bare chest.

Engrossed in adjusting her attire, Samar still lay on the bed, watching her.

Anxiously waiting for her reply, he let out an irritated and impatient groan. " Tell me na." He demanded, lazily holding her wrist.

Dhara's hands froze at his voice, clutching the sheet tightly against her chest. Holding her breath, she looked into his questioning and confused eyes and replied, " Hukum, Jo aap, mujhse nahi karte. "

" Hukum, it's what you don't do to me." Dhara confessed plainly, looking straightly into his eyes.

Samar furrowed his brows, confusion evident in his eyes as he absorbed her confession. Without waiting for his response, she clutched the quilt tightly around her chest and turned away to leave the bed.

She couldn't bear to meet his captivating, dark kohl orbs that had a way of entrancing her, making her surrender repeatedly, falling in love despite knowing she'd only find disappointment in return.

Their perspectives on love diverged; his thought process differed from hers, and she was well aware that she might never receive the reciprocity she craved and acknowledged that expecting a positive response from him was perhaps setting herself up for more heartache.

She opted to maintain the status quo, resigned to the reality that her love would remain unreciprocated. Rather than risking heightened expectations and the subsequent heartbreak, she preferred to continue living her life, nursing unrequited feelings for him.

This way, she could spare herself the agony of shattered expectations and the loneliness that follows, hidden away in some dim corner, shedding tears in solitude.

As her feet were on the brink of touching the wooden floor, Samar swiftly seized her wrist and forcefully pulled her back towards him. Her partially exposed back collided with his chiseled, bare chest.

Dhara closed her eyes in response to the proximity of his heated breath, sending shivers down her spine. Trembling, she found herself vulnerable moment, didn't want to face him, aware that meeting his gaze might compel her to confess a truth she lacked the courage to speak, especially when she knew unrequited love was all that awaited her.

Her breath quickened, and as his breath brushed against her ears, neck, and cheeks, the intensity of the situation heightened, causing her to shiver.

Behind her, he looked at her intensely, his lips lightly grazing the tip of her right ear. In a husky tone, he posed a question or made a statement, the true nature of which only he understood.

" But you do. ( ? ) "

His words tied a tight knot in her heart. She shut her eyes even more tightly, biting her lip to stifle any sobs that threatened to escape. She struggled to control her emotions, not wanting to cry any more than she already had.