OK | different

diyanna presley

brooke pushes skills slightly to sit down next to me "i need you to try out for the cheer team" skills just looks at her with a funny look in his eyes, i also give her a look "no, why would i do that?"

she turns to me and groans "because i saw bella signing up for it and i know you can dance because your brother told me you took classes when you were younger, hip hop and cheer are similar enough for people not to question you" she says.

i laugh "let her try-out"

"uh no! i won't have her corruption my team the same way she corrupted nathan, do you want her to watch him work out shirtless?" brooke presses.

"yeah i agree with her, i ain't tryna see bella with nathan dawg, my eyes to innocent for that" skills says, brooke agrees with him silently.

it takes me a little while before having a response to that "see? you don't want her around your husband"

"she's already around him, you know people are talking?" i say, "people always talk about you diyanna, are you trying out or not?"

i groan "fine, when is it?"

she smiles innocently "in thirty minutes".

"brooke, i don't have any clothes or anything to warm up to or have a dance to do" i tell her

she rolls her eyes "it's fine you'll get in anyways, and i'll pass you my warm up clothes were the same size"

skills then looked between the both of us "how do you know that?" he asks "because this is her skirt i'm wearing" she gets up shows her ass to skills, i laugh.

"that's ok mama, i didn't need to see of all that" he gets up and walks away "i'll be with luke if you need anything" he says.

"she won't need anything" brooke shouts back to him "what is it exactly am i supposed to do?"

she takes my arm "just say a cheer, smile brightly, look pretty and do a cartwheel or something" she says, we both look to each other "you know how to smile right?" i stop us in our tracks "you're worrying about me smiling when you should really be worrying about me being able to do a cartwheel"

"i trust that you'll summon a cartwheel in you when you cross that bridge" we continue to walk towards the gym "hey, i guess mrs. bradley was right i would use that term one day in my life"

"wasn't mrs, bradley our seventh grade english teacher?"

brooke shrugs "all i know was that i had an english teacher named bradley"

...

i walked into the gym and past a girl nearly into tears "im guessing she didn't make it?"

peyton looks surprised to see me here "what're you doing here?"

i take the pom poms and shake them with little to no emotion "trying out for the team"

peyton looked at brooke "what are you two planning?"

brooke rolled her eyes "we need two new cheerleaders on the team, there's diyanna and then someone that's not bella"

"how do you know wether or not another great cheerleader will come?" peyton asked.

brooke and i looked at each other "i guess we didn't plan that part" i say, peyton just rolled her eyes slightly.

i don't pay mind to it "so what am i supposed to do exactly?"

brooke plays the CD in the radio "just dance to it"

i did a couple easy moves and then brooke stopped it "i've seen enough, you're in"

i laugh "that's was quick i say" i mutter, "should i stay here or....?"

"you can stay, just hide yourself so people don't see you, they might freak out" peyton says, and i look at her "why would they freak out?"

"because you're a scary person, but that's ok because we love for it" brooke says, i roll my eyes and sit in the back completely in the far right corner so whoever would come in wouldn't see me and "freak" out.

multiple people came in and let's just say, they weren't exactly what you'd call cheerleader material "wow these people are horrible at this" i say loudly enough for the both of them to hear me.

they both sigh "yeah, and we have to go through this every year since sophomore year"

i almost feel bad for them, and then bella comes in, she's the last one of them, looking at her for the first time in 17 years i feel self conscious about myself.

she truly has a perfect body, she's beautiful.

brooke turns on the radio with the music everyone else danced and cheered with until bella stops her "i hope it's ok that i've made my own mixtape for this" and changes the CDs.

brooke looks baffled, peyton laughs.

and then all of our eyes are on bella, she obviously was a cheerleader all of her life because this comes to her like music comes to me.

it's like the air that she breaths.

she finishes her dance and walks out.

i look back at her, and then walk towards the duo.

"she has to be put on the team" i say, brooke looks shocked but peyton agrees "she's great, could be a great asset to the team"

brooke looks to the two of us "fine!" and gets up to tell the people they had considered finalist who they picked.

"you were all great but we ended up choosing isabella" peyton says

one girl speaks up "but who's the second? it said on the paper their was two spots needed"

"diyanna was picked" brooke says and the rest of the girls all look towards me "her name wasn't even on the list!" the same girl that spoke out

"it was a last minute thing" peyton tells them.

the girl rolled her eyes "you guys only let her because she's brooke's best friend"

"that's a crazy assumption right there" i mumbled.

brooke looked at me "she was the best one out of all you"

the girls walked away and bella came up to me "excited to be your teammate"

the audacity of this bitch.

i just look her up and down and walk away.

(a/n): i've been bored out of my mind lately on wattpad to the point that i done nearly switched over completely to a03 but i can't leave yall hanging 🤗🤗

couldn't update couple days ago  bc everyday this week i've been busy asf guess this is the life of a junior now 🫠

yall want bella and nate together or what? i might just listen 🤷🏽‍♀️

follow the tiktok @pr0dction

tuti 🎸