OK | the river

diyanna presley-scott

"you said you wanted to talk?" i ask my dad, i was over there cause ma wanted a girl day with me and we had just finished hanging out all day.

"yeah baby, sit down" i take the chair next to him "he label wants you to release the album, they think you have enough songs and they're good too" i don't say anything because i hardly really believe him "you're lying"

he shakes his head "you'd be an opener for beyonce, you'd open with this rapper, he's from texas but he's here right now" he says "who is it?" i ask, if i'm going to tour with someone for three months i need to know who it is "nelly, i'm pretty sure he auditioned for karen's show" my mind went immediately to the guy who was mad he wasn't finishing the set since peyton decided to give it to me instead.

"you know him?" i smile, "i've heard of him"

"i'm proud of you babygirl" he kisses my forehead "you've worked hard for this" i smile, he put his huge ass hands on my shoulders and brought me to the living room with dylon and mom were watching 'The OC.'

"this show is so interesting what the fuck?" i laugh "so we can agree that seth and summer are the better couple right?" "team anna for life man" dylon replied.

i rolled my eyes "whatever" he laughs "yeah be that way, we both know it's true"

i smack him behind his head "hey" "i'll see you later" everyone said bye as i walked to my car.

although i was extatique, i wasn't sure how nathan would feel.

he'd be alone for 16 weeks, so i wouldn't do school for the rest of the year.

that'd be a lot of work to miss, but this could possibly be my only chance to do what my heart desires.

i groan loudly before starting my car up and driving to brook's.

i had finally learned that she moved away because he parents lost some money and couldn't afford their old house so they moved into a way smaller home.

she hasn't told me because she was embarrassed and thought that i would judge her for it, which hurt me because i would never judge a friend especially for something they couldn't prevent or change.

i ring her doorbell and she answered and when she saw my face an immediate smile came on her face "good you're here!"

"what's going on?" i ask her "nothing, it's just, i'm home alone and thought i would have to call felix to come over so that we could-"felix?" i cut her right in the middle of her rambling.

"oh i didn't tell you?" "tell me what brooke?" she laughed "felix and i are fuck buddies"

oh.

"only you would make that happen" i laugh "why are you here though?"

"my dad said that the label wanted me to release an album and that beyonce wanted me as an opener for her tour" brooke paused whatever it what that she was doing "beyonce, beyonce? like crazy in love beyonce"

i nod "that's the only beyonce i know" 

she screams and hugs me "you like have to go, and since like everyone loves her, they'll recognize you and your talent and you'll be as famous as her and successful as fuck diyanna you have to say yes, i hope you said yes or i'll tell your dad you said yes"

we walk into her room "of course, i wasn't going to miss out on an opportunity like this B"

i lay on her as she jumps on it instead almost hitting me in the process.

"I-" then the bell rang "was someone coming over?" i ask "not that i know of, no" she gets up and walks to her front door.

i hear conversing between her and whoever's at the door so i take my notebook out and start writing.